Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2017, 08:28   #1

Location: Sailing the Mediterranean for 5 years and now sailing in USA
Boat: Lagoon 450
Multihull Service Centre in Marmaris Turkey

If you are heading to or in Turkey I would like to recommend Albatross Marina in Marmaris as a SERVICE centre without a peer !
We are in our third year in the Med with our Lagoon 450.

So far we have never experienced the level of service but even more important the quality of work performed by Attila's staff at Albatross Marina anywhere else.

We have been to this Marina on two occasions and had every thing from membrane replacement to RO ,gelcoat repairs ,lazy bag and Bimini damage,custom work performed to catwalk, water tanks level indicator faulty-fixed, Ray Marine fly bridge VHF repaired and more.

-What I am trying to say is they can fix anything and source parts and materials quicker and probably cheaper than you running around yourself.
The best part is because they are very familiar with Lagoons and are the Fountaine Pajot agents (so very good spot for warranty work ) most problems with the boats they have seen before and so can fix very quickly! Attila has a Catana 47 so also very familiar with this brand.

We arrived yesterday at 0800 with a list of jobs most were finished at the end of the day remainder by early this afternoon.
Most times when you are getting work done it can be a little stressful however I emailed Ziya (Technical Service Manager) before arriving my work required and when we arrived all staff were set to go and completed the work with little input from me (they knew already what had to be done)
This all was done very calmly and to a very high standard.

After the first visit I was amazed but thought I may have got lucky however after the second visit I can definitely say it is how they treat every body!

They are a charter base and normally very busy however Sunday to Wednesday morning is the time you can be there other wise I believe they will need the space for their charter fleet

By the way All of this is also done at a VERY reasonable cost.
riv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 15:19   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Re: Multihull Service Centre in Marmaris Turkey

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for yr kind words about us and our staff, hope to see you back some day, somewhere..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 01:41   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

I'd like to Second Rob's comments about Albatross.

All the work we had done on our 450-F (See Thread in Lagoon forum 'Refit for cruising boat') was done at Albatross to a high standard.

I'll be heading back there later in the year for some more.

Regards

Mark.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 02:17   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Thanks for all the good comments..

A kindly warning; we have a special rates from Albatros marina and if you call them first directly you might get higher berthing fees. And once thye are contacted first, they don't accept these special tarifs.
Send me a PM if you are interested..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull, multihull, service, Turkey