Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2014, 20:25   #1

Boat: 1984 Phantom 32
Marinas in Turkey

Hi Cruisers, I am looking for some reasonable marinas in turkey that are not that expensive to stay at and have a few boat relayed businesses around to get some work done on my yacht and fairly protected from the elements. Is there such a place? Thankyou all for your input.
Boat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 20:52   #2

Re: Marinas in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat Boy View Post
Hi Cruisers, I am looking for some reasonable marinas in turkey that are not that expensive to stay at and have a few boat relayed businesses around to get some work done on my yacht and fairly protected from the elements. Is there such a place? Thankyou all for your input.
We are based at Yat Marine in Marmaris and are paying 2600 Euro for a 12 month contract for a 40 footer. There are deals to be had if you are only wintering over (members of the Cruising Association for example, can get an 8% discount on a 9 month winter contract). Marmaris is large enough to sustain a full time boating industry so your chances of getting stuff done over the winter are good, but....Yat Marine is a fair distance out of town. Whilst there are workshops and trade guys onsite, the marina charges a percentage. Also, whilst the Turkish Lira is falling against most major currencies, and inflation is well and truly on the move, most marine businesses (and especially the Marina's) quote and bill in Euro's. If you are truly comparing apples and apples, you might find that Greece is a better option (Leros and Samos are two that spring to mind).

I have heard of Finike offering 1300 Euro for a 6 month contract for our model of boat. I have also heard, 3rd hand, that Didim offers good deals also.

I have been told that it is possible to moor over the winter in Bozburun town harbour, but although there are some Gulet workshops nearby, it is a major hike to Marmaris, so may not be cost effective in the end.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, PT
touchngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 06:55   #3
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Yat Marine is where many cruisers go, but its a half hour bus ride to town.

Netsel Marina is right in town, its more expensive but right in the historic old town.

There is a free anchorage just to the left of the town dock. Park the dinghy in the tiny creek.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 07:18   #4

Boat: 28m Steel Tug - two in tow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Yat Marine is where many cruisers go, but its a half hour bus ride to town.

Netsel Marina is right in town, its more expensive but right in the historic old town.

There is a free anchorage just to the left of the town dock. Park the dinghy in the tiny creek.
Yes, there are pros/cons to each location. A half hour cab ride won't break the piggy bank, unless you need to do it daily.
Old 13-09-2014, 07:37   #5

Check ut Kusadasi, its right down town and has a very good group of workers at reasonable prices. They used to throw in elect and water but just started charging this year.
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 07:55   #6

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Oddyssey 37 ft 2002

Check the website of Setur Marinas. They have quite a number marinas, the somewhat remote ones such as Kas are cheaper. You can calculate the offer price on the web, and maybe have some discount.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014, 13:36   #7

Boat: 2011 Hunter 50

We walked around the Marina in Kusadasi yesterday and it looks very nice. We are not boating on this trip to Turkey but I could see the Marina from our hotel balcony and had to go over. There are lots of nice restaurants and shops along the water right beside it.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014, 14:04   #8

Boat: Shannon 43'

We were in Finike last winter and thought it was the perfect in every way. Convenient to local community, boat yard, public transportation, and wonderful wintering marina environment.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
SaltyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 06:07   #9

Location: Boat in Preveza Greece, awaiting our next trip, we are based Sunshine Coast Australia
Boat: Jeanneau SunFast 43
Send a message via Skype™ to OzDean

Hello Boat Boy, I have sailed cherubs on Lake Macquarie, great spot for dinghy racing. Re your question we (wife and 3 kids) last June-July sailed our Jenneau 43 from Bodrum up to Kusadasi then back round to Antalya where we ended up leaving the boat on the hard stand. I compiled a spreadsheet of all the marinas, prices, extracts from email exchanges and personal comments. It is subjective to what I was looking for but may be of use to you. Happy to share it with you. Send an email to me "dean at radim dot com dot au" and I will email it to you. Re places to get work done or source parts, we have had work done at Bodrum Yatlift, Turgutreis and Fethiye. Cheers, Dean
OzDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:29   #10

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Beware of Kas Marina if you are planning to leave the boat in the water. It is a great place when weather is nice. And a great place to leave a boat on the hard. But when westerly or NW winds kick up to just 20-25 kts the surge into that bay is awful and makes the docks snake. Makes simple act of walking on the docks dangerous and sometimes impossible. Boats are kept 2 to 3 meters away from the docks because of this. People had to climb into their dinghies and then onto the docks. Great place in good weather.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marinas, Turkey