Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 05:37   #16

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Number of Free Berths

Thanks Dale for the up to date information about Karpaz Gate Marina - we likewise feel May is a bit ambitious for a lot of the work to be completed.

I have an email from another boat going to KGM and they know of another 25 boats going there - so we can look forward to an active live aboard community (unless it becomes a ghost town as they are planning to leave their yachts there to return to their respective homelands for extended visits?)

We live on board all year round and are looking forward very much to meeting up with everyone - anticipated arrival in July.

We shall be stocked up before we get there as the nearest major supermarket appears to be in Girne which is about 80km from the marina!
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 05:53   #17

Re: Marina in Northern Cyprus

I am leaving next week to deliver a boat from UK to Karpaz . As crew it is my understanding if my passport get stamped in N. Cyrprus ( Turkish ), I can not go to or leave from Cyprus. If you opt to do this instead of having to fly out of N. Cyprus via Turkey, you can request to have your enterance stamped on a separate piece of paper instead of your passport.

Lisa
Cape Cod
Lisa Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 06:02   #18
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

This is true and even for Turkish citizens the same is valid. They know it and therefore they are not stamping the passeport. I am not sure if forigners are allowed to cross the border for taking a plane form Larnaca. (turks are not)
The best in my view is to take the plane form Ercan airport in the turkish side and to fly to Istanbul. There are frequent flights and takes about 1 h 30 min. Until some time ago, there were also direct flight from Ercan to some European destination (to UK for sure) but I don't know the latest situation.

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 06:17   #19

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

Your passport won't be stamped but you will have to fly out of ecran if you enter nth cyprus first. I have just sent you a pm message lisa. I visted marina last week and I will not be going there until june the marina is in middle of no where. So I can fill you in on all the info you need to no I just had a email back from karpaz about completion dates
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 10:08   #20

Thumbs up Re: Marina in Northern Cyprus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Goodwin View Post
I am leaving next week to deliver a boat from UK to Karpaz . As crew it is my understanding if my passport get stamped in N. Cyrprus ( Turkish ), I can not go to or leave from Cyprus. If you opt to do this instead of having to fly out of N. Cyprus via Turkey, you can request to have your enterance stamped on a separate piece of paper instead of your passport.

Lisa
Cape Cod
When you come to check they will stamp a piece of paper and put it into your passport. The trnc are used to this, so do not worry.
Old 14-03-2011, 10:23   #21

Thanks, Rivonia. Especially useful is nearest market is 80 km away! Once in Karpaz, will get the boat settled , do some sightseeing and some oil painting sketches, then will probably fly to Istanbul and explore some in Turkey before flying home to the USA and our summer sailing season. Hope I get to meet you and Benateau 500. We will be leaving UK around April 1st and do not need to get the boat to Karpaz till May 31st.

All the Best,

Lisa
Old 28-03-2011, 05:20   #22

just received email from karpaz bay marina advising me marina will not be open in may nor will they be able to accept any yachts until beginning of june due to vital equipment not being ready or has not arrived and for those heading there i still not not belive it will be ready until july august
Old 29-03-2011, 03:32   #23

Just received this email from KPGM

It is very nice to hear from you.

Unfortunately it is true, we are experiencing some delay for the opening in May, due to some problems with some important items, we will be ready to welcome our guests towards the end of May , beginning of June.

It will be all ready for your arrival and I will keep you informed about our working progress.

We plan to arrive there in July
Old 31-03-2011, 10:32   #24

S/ V Armadek will be there as planned in May. Most new marinas don't have "everything " they have planned done when they first open.
Old 01-04-2011, 17:09   #25

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Johnson View Post
We too are so lucky as to have been accepted. I have filled out and returned the form but they also want me to send 100 Euros for a deposit on my utility uses. Anyone else sent the 100 Euros?
They are still telling me it will be open in May.
Yes, we have paid the 100 Euros deposit for utility usage. We plan to arrive at the marina in late August to mid-September. The marina did say that the free one-year berthing offer would start in May, not from the date of actual arrival. Since the marina is now not expected to be ready for yachts to arrive until early June, I do not know how or if that affects the dates previously allowed for the free berthing. Is it May 2011 through April 2012 or is it June 2011 through May 2012? I am sure we would be out of there by May of next year anyway in order to get an early start on the cruising season, but others might want clarification of the ending date of this free berthing offer.
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 20:09   #26

fethiye/ Turkey is good for mainetence ı am turkish skipper if you are come to fethiye ı help you ocenmanuri@hotmai.com)
oceanmanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 23:05   #27

for those heading to karpaz bay marina there is quite a few photos of the current stage of completion of the marina on face book just search for karpaz gate marina the only difference from these photos on there now is the pontoons have started to be placed in the water
Old 05-05-2011, 05:05   #28

have just seen the latest photos of karpaz bay gate marina on face book the pontoons are going in the water and the marina is starting to take shape and looking good i hope to be there in 4 weeks time
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27   #29

Boat: contessa 32

Free marina berths ? Some people have been at sea too long.
mrohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 03:06   #30

eastern med yacht rally to be the first to use the new marina in cyprus they are arriving on the 24th may

Tags
Cyprus