Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2013, 19:54   #16

Re: Looking for Feedback On Croatia

You can check out this web site Sailing in Croatia - Sailing.hr... If you plan on going to Croatia thats the way to go, couse they offer the whole pack.. fun, excitement, relaxing... I really had the most awesome time and I think everyone can find something they prefer for themselves...
Ethan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 23:07   #17

Hi,

Anyone got any specific info on recommended bareboat charter companies in Croatia?

Thx in advance,

Stendecian
Stendecian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 23:09   #18

Boat: Lagoon 440

Contact Tino Prosenik on tino.prosenik at yachtmaster.hr tell him what you want he will totally look after you, he's a good man.

Cheers
Old 20-02-2013, 21:52   #19

Thx lagoon,

I'll give him a buzz.
Stendecian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 00:35   #20

Croatia:
  • very nice sailing area
  • the most expensive in the Med (concerning marina fees, and you have to pay also on many anchoring places)
Joefloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 00:38   #21

Agreed,
Kornati National Park, you pay to anchor and are restricted to two days total...
Old 04-03-2013, 00:43   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
Agreed,
Kornati National Park, you pay to anchor and are restricted to two days total...
You have to pay for anchoring not only at Kornati, also on most other anchoring places.
Furhter Kornati is extremly expensive. Beside the the already high fees for the permission to sail in Croatia, they ask for the Kornati again a bunch of money.

(I understand that you, as a Croatioan want to promote this country, but tell the truth.)
Joefloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 00:49   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefloki View Post
You have to pay for anchoring not only at Kornati, also on most other anchoring places.
Furhter Kornati is extremly expensive. Beside the the already high fees for the permission to sail in Croatia, they ask for the Kornati again a bunch of money.

(I understand that you, as a Croatioan want to promote this country, but tell the truth.)
Excuse me i'm an Australian who has cruised Croatia for the last 12 months. We were asked to pay at three of the 50 or so places we anchored at during the year.

Quay side and Marina's you pay that's a given however we sat at most islands in various bays for free.....

Cheers
Old 05-03-2013, 01:00   #24
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefloki View Post
Croatia:
  • very nice sailing area
  • the most expensive in the Med (concerning marina fees, and you have to pay also on many anchoring places)
Joefloki,

I guess you haven't sailed in the west Mediterranean, and don't use Italy very much.

Overall, Italy runs the most expensive marinas in the Mediterranean when you look at price vs amenities, probably followed by France then Spain. And, excepting the islands around the west Med (Balearics, Corsica, Sardinia, Elba and parts of Sicily) it is not easy to find good, well sheltered anchorages.

Croatia has hundreds of well sheltered, free anchorages. It also has tens of anchorages in the most popular areas (where moorings have also been laid) where you have to pay. The moorings allow more boats to visit these places. It also has tens of marinas. Recently built Croatian marinas with excellent facilities in popular locations are expensive - but incredibly cheap if compared with Porto Cervo in Sardinia, or Palma in Mallorca.
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:06   #25

I'd also add 'if you eat at the owners restaurant' the mooring is usually free. Agree with you
Old 05-03-2013, 02:00   #26

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

Agree with Lagoon4us, you pay for a buoy mooring, a bit more for a quay mooring, a lot more for a marina berth rough ratio 200/450/900 kuna for a 11.6m cat. Have never had to pay for anchoring so far and there are many places. If you like swimming, then anchoring or a buoy makes it so much nicer just to plop in when you feel like it.
There is creeping extension of mooring buoys in popular bays but still loads more where its free, unspoilt and beautiful.
The Kornati is popular, but stark, almost totally treeless and it may be heresy but not everybodies cup of tea. Certainly worth a look.
There are loads of charter companies in Croatia, the only one I have first hand knowledge of is Trend Travel in Marina Kastela between Split and Trogir 15 mins from airport and they look after the boats including ours, well.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:13   #27

Try these guy's they are just starting out might be good pricing.

www.sailingcroatiacharter.com

Kornati, stark, a very good description!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:30   #28

Yep. We had intended to visit the Kornati but the Commodore was not impressed so we sailed past and went to Dugi Otok instead.
I forgot to mention that 777 Harbours (888 Harbours if you are happier in German) is the best and most comprehensive guide to pretty well all the anchorages and harbours in Croatia. Its a must. We also use Cody and Naish's Croatia Cruising Companion which has a lot more information on the major harbours and anchorages but only covers Dalmatia (Cavtat to Zadar)
Old 05-03-2013, 04:32   #29
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapanui View Post

We also use Cody and Naish's Croatia Cruising Companion which has a lot more information on the major harbours and anchorages but only covers Dalmatia (Cavtat to Zadar)

Cavtat is not Dalmatia, Dalmatia start from river Neretva 80 km north of Cavtat.. At the Congress of Vienna in 1815, Ragusa (Republic of Dubrovnik) was made a part of the crown land of the Kingdom of Dalmatia, ruled by Austria-Hungary, which it remained a part of until 1918.

The republic was the first country to officially recognise the United States after their declaration of independence from Great Britain in 1776
transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 13:00   #30

I stand corrected. Clearly, I should have said 'mostly just Dalamatia, covering from Cavtat to Zadar'

Tags
Croatia