Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2012, 05:04   #16

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Re: Italian Boat Tax

The Italian gov are clutching at the wrong straws. Killing the goose which lays the golden egg is a big mistake.
Old 18-03-2012, 10:56   #17
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to Alfalyrae

Dear Anjou,
first of all sorry for being late in replying but I had problems of connection with the forum.
I want to reply you because I perfectly agree with your opinion. But at least we have saved foreign sailors navigation to Italy.
This is the reason why at Alfalyrae we try day by day to amplify savings and opportunities of sailing in Italy, to recover from the terrible opinion there was on us at the beginning of the first Tax studied to apply on mooring in Italy.
If you look at our website Benvenuto in Alfalyrae you will discover how many way of saving you have while sailing in Italy with Alfalyrae.
This help us in attracting again foreign people in sailing to Italy and help also Italian Sail and motor boat owners saving money in managing boat and moorings to recover from this savings enough to justify wish of saving again even with the terrible psychological pressure they have as regards tax and considerations about owners of boat.
Fair winds to all
Alfalyrae , the bright star that helps navigation!
Alfalyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 19:10   #18

Boat: Catalina 36 Mark II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalyrae View Post
Dear Anjou,
first of all sorry for being late in replying but I had problems of connection with the forum.
I want to reply you because I perfectly agree with your opinion. But at least we have saved foreign sailors navigation to Italy.
This is the reason why at Alfalyrae we try day by day to amplify savings and opportunities of sailing in Italy, to recover from the terrible opinion there was on us at the beginning of the first Tax studied to apply on mooring in Italy.
If you look at our website Benvenuto in Alfalyrae you will discover how many way of saving you have while sailing in Italy with Alfalyrae.
This help us in attracting again foreign people in sailing to Italy and help also Italian Sail and motor boat owners saving money in managing boat and moorings to recover from this savings enough to justify wish of saving again even with the terrible psychological pressure they have as regards tax and considerations about owners of boat.
Fair winds to all
Thank you for posting this and did look @ your webiste which is good start as it will help drive cruising traffic and dollars/euros to Itlay.

Re Anjou's post above
SL
sailinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 20:58   #19

Boat: Able 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
The Italian gov are clutching at the wrong straws. Killing the goose which lays the golden egg is a big mistake.
There will be a few people in Croatia who think it is a great idea.
savoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 06:40   #20
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
why is a tax on personal property a bug mistake, its not that its uncommon. The US has had property taxes for years for example.

Dave
Old 19-03-2012, 06:53   #21
Marine Service Provider

Correct Dave, it has been wrong to take it away as it was done in Italy at the end of 90's. So it is normal and correct today to call again for tax on possession but only to resident in Italy!
Old 19-03-2012, 06:57   #22

Boat: secondarily boatless

Dave,

it's a simple story - boats are movable, and if you unilaterally institute a tax you incite people to move on...which I understand they are doing. And please remember - the average boater spends a lot more than € 10 a day, wherever he is - it's not like it is a low cost hobby...

That having been said, obviously I understand the reason behind taxes. It just becomes a case of "you get what you pay for", and I don't think you get anything better/extra in Italy compared to France, Slovenia, Croatia or other countries competing for the same business.

Oliver
Oliver L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 07:12   #23
Marine Service Provider

Oliver,
I understand your considerations but first of all do not forget pleas that new Italian possession Tax applies only to Italians or to resident in Italy.
I also agree that the big fear for Italian Nautical Industry its the possible moving of boats from Italy to other Nations and that this could be the effect. I am very sorry I cannot agree that Italy does not offer something more and I do not think, being Italian, to necessitate to make a list of all the advantages!
Old 19-03-2012, 07:39   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
why is a tax on personal property a bug mistake, its not that its uncommon. The US has had property taxes for years for example.

Dave
Ok, wotever, do I give a feck?
Go on, tax the hell out of it and watch the boats sail away. Dont come bitching when the leisure boat business withers and dies. There will always be a cheaper place to stay.
European and American manufacturing industries got too expensive and so it went to China. Unemployment is high here because of it. No PHd needed to work it out

Cause and effect.
Old 19-03-2012, 07:59   #25

If a lot pay a small amount, its ok, if there are only a few left to pay, its going to cost more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalyrae View Post
Dear Anjou,
Fair winds to all