Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2011, 01:35   #46

Re: Inexpensive in the Mediterranean

it depends on what you want personally try Almerimar on the south coast of spain it is by far one of the cheapest they have about the best weather in europe 10 days rain a year is average.The marina is about 1200 boats a massive yard to haul out and get your repairs done and they speak English.they charged me 9.3€ a night for my 45 footer +discount for long term

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesperrosenberg View Post
Could anyone guide me....?

Because I now live in Europe, I want to sail my 44 foot sailboat from Caribbean to the Mediterranean Sea so I can have more time cruising...

I have been looking at various websites about prices in marinas and possibilities to leave my boat when I'm not sailing around, and it is a jungle. HELP!!!

Which countries are cheap to leave my boat in?
Either at a mooring, on land or in a marina...

Thank you very much.

- Jesper
scoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 01:39   #47

Re: Med...

Almerimar is the cheapest @9€ a night for 15mt mono hull and discount to be had if you long term

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmd View Post
I cant speak for the Eastern Med', Greece, etc. but can tell you that here in the Western Med', expect to pay between 30-50 euros on average per day. If you want long term mooring then deals are there to be had, here in Duquesa (Costa Del Sol), they'll give you a 45% discount for stays longer than 6 months. One of the cheapest is the new Alcadesa marina in La Linea (next to Gibraltar) but apart form electric, water and security, there are NO facilities, it's just somewhere to keep it.

Morocco is worth a look as well, as decent marinas like Smir are about 2/3 the price of Spain.
scoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 11:42   #48

Boat: Faurby 396
Re: Inexpensive in the Mediterranean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesperrosenberg View Post
Could anyone guide me....?

Because I now live in Europe, I want to sail my 44 foot sailboat from Caribbean to the Mediterranean Sea so I can have more time cruising...

I have been looking at various websites about prices in marinas and possibilities to leave my boat when I'm not sailing around, and it is a jungle. HELP!!!

Which countries are cheap to leave my boat in?
Either at a mooring, on land or in a marina...

Thank you very much.

- Jesper
If you consider the Black Sea as an extension of the Mediterranean I would suggest to try the Sozopol Marina (Bulgaria) Marina Sozopol
very safe and secure in all aspects and well organzied with the basic facilities available, distant only 35 km from an international airport of Burgas and even less from the same name big city and major commercial port, and and one day sailing distance from Istanbul . A far as I know the yearly berth fee is appr. 1200 EUR for average size boats no matter whether you are on water or dry. Craning costs appr. 100 EUR. There are cheap fights to major Euroapean destinations all year round.
olianta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mediterranean