Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2011, 15:02   #1

How to Contact Charter Company in Greece Directly ?

Anyone can name charter companies in Greece that own the boats not a brokers? I would like to deal with them directly. Thank you.
lyosha73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 12:07   #2

Re: How to Contact Charter Company in Greece Directly ?

Hej,
when you ever need a direct charter companie in Croatia, Split, contact me I m living in Croatia..so you can make a directbooking with my hel..best condition. And Croatia is beautiful, I worked there for 4 years in a chartercompanie, now im make my own project- directbooking..
so far
enjoy greece
marija
maja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 13:54   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Lyosa73,

You are raising an interesting point.. Why do you want to deal directly with charter company ? To get better price ? To play safer ? If so, dealing directly with the charter company doesn't assure any of them. Most of the charter companies do not offer better prices than the agencies will do. If they do, there will be no more agencies working for them and there is no charter company that can rely only on their direct sales.
On the other hand, if the charter company is not the right one, you can always run into trouble, whatever way you book. Actually, if you go through a agency, provided that these are someone that you know and trust, there is less risk. Moreover, the agencies can also help in organising the flights, transfers, etc and more importantly as they are working with many other charter companies for years, they can tell you better which one is more reliable.
Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating neither way; I am running a charter business and 60 % of our bookings are direct bookings. But unless you are 100 % sure that you know the company well, you don't need any other service and you believe that booking directly would be cheaper, go through agencies.
Be aware though.. Some of the agencies are kind of ashamed of being seen as an intermediate commissionaire and they advertise themselves as a charter company. I have seen on internet some companies that are telling that our base and our boats are their own !!!
So, if possible, find an agency in yr country, talk to them or meet them in boat shows, etc and if you are convinced , go ahead.

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:37   #4

Boat: Beneteau 50
Send a message via Skype™ to SY DELMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyosha73 View Post
Anyone can name charter companies in Greece that own the boats not a brokers? I would like to deal with them directly. Thank you.
Here are couple of them - small and large

.:: Welcome to ARGOLIS ::. THE BEST YACHTING HOLIDAYS IN EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN "HELLAS - TURKIYE"

Kiriacoulis Mediterranean
SY DELMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Greece, greece