Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2014, 03:09   #526
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Re: Greek Tax! - MERGED 4 THREADS

Barra,
I don't know how I've slipped through. This year I'm expecting a large, and I mean really expensive, bill. I'll find out in two weeks.

See ya on the water boys. Have a safe and fun summer.
Old 14-05-2014, 03:31   #527

Boat: between boats

Fair enough. My win was i didnt get held up like all the others with the new insurance limits even though i had the old ones clearly showing.

see you out there (ill check out santorini for you in a week or so winds depending...
Barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 05:01   #528

My son just got done talking to the port authority in Messolonghi and customs. All I have to pay is for the transit log, which as I had pointed out at the beginning, is virtually the same as the new tax will be. No problems.

It is still a pretty big bill for the transit log tax - 950 euro.
Old 22-05-2014, 08:47   #529

Greek Tax! - MERGED 4 THREADS

Just to confirm from another port police their understanding of the new rules (for EU). My father just visited the PP in Gouiva marina Corfu and sent me this

"Yes! Certificate has been signed. New rules require you only need to have cert. stamped once a year. No need to report to port police when travelling around Greek Islands. Have to carry a form with captains particulars and crew names etc. You do have to report to them when you finally leave the marina.
Dad"

It has formalised the procedure that many cruisers have tried to follow. When they can get away with it ;-)

In a way I am disappointed they did not charge the new tax. I might have got it paid for by father and it might not have come to me as I am so generous in letting him take my boat :-)
Old 22-05-2014, 09:01   #530

Your a real giver Hoppy

Yep, I think it's going to work in my favor this year. Thousands of boats have left or made plans to not visit Greece this year because of tax fear so the harbors and tavernas will be empty Now I don't have to jump through all the hoops with the pp, and the cost is the same.
Old 30-05-2014, 00:47   #531

Boat: between boats

Off topic but palarran you did ask about Santorini for a large cat. Having just left there I wouldn't be too concerned. The marina is very full with day charter cats but if you aim to get there in the morning you should be ok. There are a few berths that have silted so only cats can use them on the outside quay.

Worst case if its full is you can grab a day charter mooring after around 7.30 pm in the calderra overnight or anchor off on the south side beaches and try your luck the next morning.

Great spot but good to be away from the tourists again☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 20:45   #532

As a follow up on the transit log tax, yes I did have to pay all my back tax for 9 months. I'll have to pay again in July for another 3 months.

Also, if it was brought up here, they are requiring the correct insurance policies now. They let me slide in Mykonos and I'll have the correct one by the time I clear in to Kos but you do need it.
Old 24-06-2014, 02:13   #533

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
My son just got done talking to the port authority in Messolonghi and customs. All I have to pay is for the transit log, which as I had pointed out at the beginning, is virtually the same as the new tax will be. No problems.

It is still a pretty big bill for the transit log tax - 950 euro.
Humm, I an sorry for you but quite happy with the situation in what concerns me. I arrived yesterday to Jakintos and chose the Island as entry point on account of the excellent service provided last year by Dionisios Marinos (+30 6974 149884). He is on the the city quay and takes care of all papers with the port authorities by a very small amount of money (never understood how much it was, but 2 nights here, with electricity and water plus the Log entry papers costed me 65 euros) and takes care of Gas, diesel and everything you need. Filling up a bottle of gas cost me 2 euros!!! Anyway regarding the new tax he asked me If I had last year's log (and yes I had) and all it cost me was 15 euros. Besides all that he is a nice guy!!!

It seems that for the ones that have already a Greek log (the one from last year) the new tax will not be applied this year. Note that I have not the boat in Greece all year and I was entering Greece from Italy.

It seems also that the law was modified : Before only boats with more than 12 meters could pay monthly all the others would have to pay the full year. Now they changed the 12 m limit to 7 meters limit. All boats with more than 7 meters can pay monthly.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 09:23   #534

Polux,
Don't be sorry for me at all. Your situation is completely different then mine. I had the boat in Greece for 1 year. That is what they charged me for. Usually you pay on a 3 month basis but we where on the hard so they didn't collect until we launched.

My impression for all the port authority officials that I've dealt with is that they are very aware of how the taxes are to be applied. So, let me know what you pay when, or if, you clear out of Greece.
Old 31-07-2014, 13:57   #535

Boat: Hanse 540e
Today I check in to Greece, without old dekpa and paid €28 for EU flaged boat papers. Being instructed to have to stamp dekpa only when leave the region or leave the boat for longer time in marina. It looks like all stay the same for Eu flagged boats
Old 06-08-2014, 09:44   #536

Boat: Morgan 462

Any new word on the tax expected Jan 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
terra57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 00:37   #537

Nostrodamus, in high indignation may have got the message wrong and misled many.

Still a good ploy, for those of us who stay on, to ensure that we have quays and anchorages to ourselves.
The idea behind the tax is twofold - the first is to catch the large number of Greeks who own their boats as a result of having omitted to pay their taxes.
The other is to simplify a fairly complex charging system - usually honoured in breach more than observance.
All boats, above 7m, will now pay an annual TPP fee based upon length. This replaces port and light dues which one was supposed to volunteer to pay at each port one visited, calling at the local Port Police offices.
The TPP would be payable annually, recorded centrally, on all boats in the water. Those above 12m would have the option of paying monthly for their time in the water, boats 7-12m would have to pay one lump sum.
The only people who will lose out are those who regularly use anchorages rather than pay port dues. In the case of my boat I will break-even @ my 41st visit to a chargeable port.
As from 01 August all >7m boats (Greek or EU-flagged) are meant to have a DEKPA - in the case of non-EU boats a Transit Log. This will be used for a centralised accounting system run by a private contractor (other than Port Police). Collection of the annual tax has not yet started, and from my knowledge of centralised area networks, unlikely to start before 2015.

No doubt, many Port Police seeing their clerical duties so severely reduced, are in denial of the new system seeing their swollen ranks due to be severely thinned.
Collection of "rental" for quay space will be (it was opined by my contact reading from the official instruction sheet) contracted out to the private investors who purchase various ports, marinas etc. from the Greek Government.
Hurrah, for privatisation!!
More, in due course here, when the current facts have been ascertained

New Greek Cruising Tax | CA
chasfgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 11:13   #538

Has anyone heard something new about the tax for 2015 or is this issue dead?
Old 31-12-2014, 01:15   #539
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

The Cruising Association (CA) is still in regular communication with the Greek Ministry of Maritime affairs. The system to gather taxes is ready; all boats with a DEKPA or a Transit log will be entered onto a database - and this has been taking place since August 2014 as each boat makes its annual visit to the Port Police to validate their papers. We still don't know if/when gathering the tax will start.

The recent refusal of the Greek Parliament to elect a president has caused a snap election to be called for 29th Jan. It is likely that the extremist Syriza party may gather most candidates. If so, all predictions about tax changes become uncertain.

One undesirable feature is that the changes last August introduced a change in the terms of temporary import for non-EU/non-VAT paid craft in Greek waters. Greece now only permits these to stay for a maximum of 6 months per year afloat (time ashore does not count).

This change appears to be contrary to the EU conditions of temporary import - which permits non-VAT paid boats to stay for up to 18 months, then renew after a brief absence. The Cruising Association is investigating this apparent breach of EU Customs zone regulations.

Meanwhile, non-EU flag boats, speak to your local Port Police office before spending more than 180 days afloat in Greek waters in any 365 day period.

For current news of Greek regulations (including the non-EU boat provisions) see Greece | JimB Sail.

JimB
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 04:07   #540
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

The temporary import rules will not withstand EU challenge, they are part of the VAT directives, .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags
Greece, water, yacht