Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 18:21   #1

Boat: Hanse 370
Demre Turkey

Can anybody tell me about Demre or Andriake Ports in Turkey? My old Heikell has limited info on Demre. Google Earth shows a flock of tourist boats which I understand go across to Kerkova and Ukajiz, but is there likely to be any room for a private 14m mono? What depths in the harbour? I can also see on Google Eartht a new? harbour E of Demre Port on but it is not shown on my Navionics or CM-93 charts and looks quite shallow.

Demre seems to have similar Lycian ruins to Dalyan. We have already been to Dalyan a few years ago but will have visitors who have not seen the cliff side burial sites. It seems like an interesting side trip after Kerkova/Ukajiz.

I'd be grateful for any info on the area.
Gypsy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 18:36   #2

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500
Re: Demre Turkey

It's full of gullet boats most of the time I was last there 25th August 2013 I tend to go the west end of kevkova Roads. And dingy around every where but it's a beautiful part of the world some great hiking trails and yes I would not rely on Heikel book too much in that part of Turkey as a lot has changed yes it's only a guide book
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:59   #3

Boat: IP 485 51'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy23 View Post
Can anybody tell me about Demre or Andriake Ports in Turkey? My old Heikell has limited info on Demre. Google Earth shows a flock of tourist boats which I understand go across to Kerkova and Ukajiz, but is there likely to be any room for a private 14m mono? What depths in the harbour? I can also see on Google Eartht a new? harbour E of Demre Port on but it is not shown on my Navionics or CM-93 charts and looks quite shallow.

Demre seems to have similar Lycian ruins to Dalyan. We have already been to Dalyan a few years ago but will have visitors who have not seen the cliff side burial sites. It seems like an interesting side trip after Kerkova/Ukajiz.

I'd be grateful for any info on the area.
We spent several years staging out of Finike to the east of Demre. A very Turkish town with a reasonable and friendly marina. We visited Demri (and Myra) by bus and found the ancient sites to be quite interesting. Sorry but I cannot provide any specific info on the Demri harbor but have seen boats in there. There is a bay to the east between Demri and Finike that offers good anchoring in calm weather.
GlobeRounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 15:28   #4

Boat: Hanse 370

Thanks for the replies. The bay to the West, looks like a good place to anchor if there is no space in the port.

It seems we have a plan!

Tks
Gypsy23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Turkey