Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2010, 13:20   #1

Croatian Marinas

Hi all
I am looking for a marina in Istra Croatia to store a recently purchased boat from mid january 2011 to May 1 2011. So far the places I've looked at on the web (mostly ACI) are expensive IMHO.

We plan to sail down the coast after that and perhaps head over to east coast Italy for overwintering. Any suggestions for a marina there?
dlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 18:39   #2

marina in Istria

Hi there

We keep our boat at Marina Veruda which is just near Pula. They are lovely people and there is a bus to Pula nearby that takes about 15min.
It's been there for 2 years and we have been very happy!
pandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:23   #3

Hi dlymn
I am in the same boat - let me know if you find anything good.
So far cheapest I can find is Pula also Yacht marina, Croatia - Pula
Sadly my boat is down in Sibenik, about 200km away, and I am in Australia until June... Would definitely like to hear your experience with the whole buying a Crowy boat deal.
surf888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 22:03   #4

Hi there

We are also Aussies - Melbourne Australia!

The link for marina veruda is Marina Veruda | Charter | Pula | Croatia
It is a short bus ride into Pula and there is a supermarket, fuel, gas restaurants at the Marina.

Happy to answer any other questions about our experience there!

pandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 19:43   #5

Boat: compac 16
Re: Croatian Marinas

im with pandj on marina veruda amazing place and am willing to answer any questions you have about it. i worked at it for a 3 month summer job.

John
samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:20   #6

Boat: Jeanneau, 45.2 Formidable

Marinas in Croatia are expensive. -- Unless you try Marinas in Italy !

I have had a boat in Marina Frapa, Rogoznica for 3 or 4 years. This is about 30 km north of Split ( middle of Croatian coast). It is not an ACI ( Adriatic Croatia International) Club marina. I would say it's better. But cheap, No. If you turn up come over to us on Pier 10. Peter
Formidable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 14:29   #7

There is now a trend of opening small private marinas and they form a competition to bigger marinas in terms of costs.

In terms of quality they are about the same, maybe this new private ones are further away from the city centre.

I know about one in Milna, island of Brac. In order to reach to center, it takes a cca. 40 minutes of walk.
pjosip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 14:55   #8

Boat: Couch Potato

Greetings lurker here but i just wanted to offer another option for storing your boat as i have been researching for the possible place to store my as yet unbought money pit..khm..i mean boat.

As a previous poster said you have an option of going with ACI marinas there is a link here offering info on all the ACI marinas in Croatia and the prices.

Adriatic Croatia International Club | ACI Marinas

As an alternative i found a marina that is a part of the Hotel Admiral in Opatija
45°¦19'6''N
14°¦18'4''E

and their prices for storing vessels

http://www.liburnia.hr/UserFiles/Fil...vatski2009.pdf

Hope that helps.

Lohi
Old 03-03-2011, 21:02   #9

Boat: 1999 Bavaria 42' 'RUMBA'

Hi, I bought a 1999 Bavaria 42' out of Biograd Croatia late last year. Finally after 3 weeks of mostly waiting for the paperwork to be done, sailed down to Dubrovnik, cleared customs and a nice day sail from there into TIVAT Montenegro. Wonderful place and people are switched on, the whole place is wy-fied, pulled the boat in a 'YARD' there for winter storage at a pretty good price. Here is the link Navar, Beneteau, Plovila, Yanmar, Servis, Projektovanje, Jahte
Anyone with info on places to haul-out round Portugal love to hear from you.
Cheers.
Rumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:29   #10

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumba View Post
Hi, I bought a 1999 Bavaria 42' out of Biograd Croatia late last year. Finally after 3 weeks of mostly waiting for the paperwork to be done, sailed down to Dubrovnik, cleared customs and a nice day sail from there into TIVAT Montenegro. Wonderful place and people are switched on, the whole place is wy-fied, pulled the boat in a 'YARD' there for winter storage at a pretty good price. Here is the link Navar, Beneteau, Plovila, Yanmar, Servis, Projektovanje, Jahte
Cheers.
There are plently of places to choose from in Portugal - some relatively expensive (but nice) along the Algarve coast (Lagos, Portimaio and other smaller facilities) and lots lots more that are definately cheaper and perhaps more authentically Portuguese up the Atlantic coast - like Sines.

Cheers
JOHN
Old 25-06-2011, 22:25   #11

Boat: Selene 59

We will be coming from the Western Mediterranean and would like to winter the boat somewhere in southern Croatia (and cruise there next year). There appears to be a number of options and all the marinas look good but I was looking for a bit of "word of mouth" on the best place for leaving the boat for 6 months.

Cheers
David
Buena Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 03:27   #12

Hi Buena Vista, There are a bunch of Marinas in Croatia, depending on how far you want to sail up the coast before you leave it. I purchased Rumba in Biograd which has a huge marina, tho chock full of charter boats I am returning back to LA next week and will give you a list if you need it. Mostly al are good there was a bigger marina 10 or 15nm further up but don't have the name so will fill you in then. Cheers John RUMBA.
Old 26-06-2011, 04:28   #13
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

It looks like a lot of us are looking for Croatian Marinas That's good.

I need one that can haul out a 17 x 8 meter catamaran weighing 40 tons. Have any of you seen or heard of one with haulout capacities for this?

Thank you.
Palarran
Old 26-06-2011, 05:15   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumba View Post
Cheers.
Hi Rumba, I'm thinking of buying a similar boat in Croatia and live aboard a few months every year. Could you give me some details of your purchase, like price, conditions, paperwork, flag etc.? I'm looking for a Bavaria also, maybe smaller (32 - 36) to be able to sail solo. Your advice should be precious! PS: I'm from Turin-Italy, a young retiree ;-) with some sailing experience dating some 20 years back.
carmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 06:26   #15

Hi Carmody, Okay buying a boat in Croatia yes! Never a bad idea tho they just got excepted into the EU heard. I bought mine basically on-line from looking at many boats from the Boats for sale, used boats, new boat sales, free photo ads - Apollo Duck website. Buying from there is not easy, you will need to have some time for the paper work to go through and they will give you little time to get out of dodge. I dealt with a broker tho did not hear a word back from him after he received his fee's etc. I dealt mainly with the ex-owner and all of the multitude of authorities,Port Captains,police,cruising permits,blah!! All fairly straight forward but there are no rules there, so just shout alot. There are many boats for sale of course mostly ex-charter in fairly good shape tho running gear limited and hours on the engines are high. But if you want a deal go low ball cash and your home. I payed 51,000 Euro for my Bavaria 44 (tho they say 42) it's a 1999, the older ones are a little to m knowledge built better,soild bilk-heads and are a great sailing boat. I will be over in Montenegro July 13th headed for Corfu, thru the Greek Is then up to Istanbull. Come or a sail!! young retiree!!

Tags
marinas