Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2016, 05:11   #1

Boat: Hanse 445
Corfu in November for a week with kids (teens)

Hi guys, I'll be on Corfu around 30th Oct - 4th Nov with 3 kids 11-11-13 yr old. I'll have a boat based in Gouvia Marina by then. I've got one part of our group leaving in the evening on 1st Nov so I can't venture too far.

What to expect from the weather? Is the sea still warm enough for a quick swim?

Thinking about short hop from marina to Corfu town, spending the night there under castro walls (will there be space?), but then where?? With 3 kids onboard I'd rather keep our sailing ot 3-4 hrs max at a time, with some interesting places to visit onshore.

Just looking at the map and weather stats makes me think we will just rent a car/quad and explore the island but then again we all hate staying in marinas....
SY_Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 01:28   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II
Re: Corfu in November for a week with kids (teens)

Should be fine around 19C water temp. We swim up to beginning Nov in Croatia Split area temps are around 17-18 then and Corfu is about 300nm further south.
The biggest problem will be the weather, it can be rainy and windy in Oct/Nov in both places so you need a safe bolthole nearby. On the plus side it will be quiet!
http:// http://www.holiday-weather.c...town/averages/
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kids