Hi, Im another Frankie also thinking about buying
, I really like a yacht that is on the hard
in a Marmaris marina, its a UK registered boat and is currently on ebay by what appears to be a well established user, but is also listed at a higher price
on several broker sites.
I think the ebay listing is legitimate.
I am seriously thinking about making an offer well below the asking price
, but will ask for permission to carry out a survey
by a local English
as per the general consensus on this thread before I part with any cash.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I had already arranged a holiday in Dubai for next week, so I wouldnt actually be able to go to Marmaris this month.
I am currently looking at the logistics of actually keeping a forty foot sail boat there, (I live in the UK) I still lack experience having just completed RYA qualified crew in the Canaries
, but I have been actively looking at a yacht for about 18 months now and REALLY like this one, for me to sail, and also for my children
to use like a holiday base untill I can get their confidence (maybe with an own boat instructor out there) Approaching 60! I want to get a boat now that I can use, and not buy a smaller boat to gain experience in, being me!! I am as likely to spend as much pampering a small yacht as a big one, so I feel I should just go for the holy grail now, just waiting on 3rd party insurance
quotes and the marina the yacht is in now for a price for the next six months,
Does this make sense ? Oh, since this is my first post, thank you for the opportunity, already reading here until my eyes are sore. cheers