Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2014, 06:38   #1

Buoy / mooring fees Croatia

My family and I are going to be sailing a 10m yacht out of Rogoznica for 2 weeks from 23rd August. Can anyone give me any idea how much to budget for mooring and buoy fees. And is there a charge now for anchoring? I've read so many conflicting reports. We hope to stay clear of the large marinas to keep costs to a minimum (unless anyone can recommend any that are worth the fees!).

Thank you in advance!
Teamtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 07:43   #2

Location: Adriatic and Inland France (summer); New Forest, UK (winter)
Boat: Oyster 435 cutter-rigged ketch and Nowee 38 motor yacht
Re: Buoy / mooring fees Croatia

You'll find a lot of information about Croatian harbours and anchorages on the World Cruising Wiki (Croatia - a Cruising Guide on the World Cruising and Sailing Wiki), including pricing. From very recent experience, a typical Croatian harbour offers laid moorings, water and electricity for HRK20 per metre (around £20 for your size of yacht), though the most popular places (e.g. Hvar Town, Milna on Brac) charge more. Buoys are typically half or two thirds of that amount, depending on location and popularity. You can see a map of bays where there are official mooring concessions at www.wosamma.at - Bojenfelder in Kroatien - Anchorages in Croatia - Nauticka sidrista u Hrvatskoj - Campi boe in Croazia.

You should only have to pay for anchoring in bays where there are mooring concessions (although increasingly some harbour authorities are charging for anchoring, at least in high season). Although a little frustrating at times, this makes sense, since it's not unknown for some parsimonious and inconsiderate skippers to drop the hook on the edges (or even in the middle) of a field of moorings, thus endangering yachts that have paid to be on a buoy.
Old 13-08-2014, 07:52   #3

Re: Buoy / mooring fees Croatia

Thank you so much. That's less than I'd feared which is a relief. Thank you for the links too. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Teamtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Croatia, fees, mooring