Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 14:07   #16

Re: Bodrum, Marmaris, Gocek/Fethiye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena Vista View Post
Thanks Yeloya. I think I am favouring Marmaris at this stage, being dead over winter is no concern as we will not be staying on the boat over winter. Can you comment on Yat Marin vs Netsel regarding facilities, security, protection against storms etc? I know Netsel is more expensive but if it is a better option, I would be prepared to pay more .... you get what you pay for!! As you are local, I would very much appreciate your comments.

Cheers
Brownie
Yat Marin is more setup for an "all-inclusive resort type" with its own swimming pool, sauna, gym, hairdresser and a spa, restaurant, bar, shops, library, a beach across the road, and hiking trails nearby. Also a full-functioning boat yard.

Nestel is in the middle of the town with a lot of facilities, restaurants, etc around. We haven't stayed in Netsel, so I don't know what facilities they have on-site. I know that 3 of their docks don't have very strict security.

It might be worth sailing into Marmaris, spending a bit of time in both marinas and deciding on the spot. They always have space for boats.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:28   #17

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiusha View Post
Were you on the dry at Yat Marin only for 7 days? We got quoted around 720 EUR for lift, wash, 7 days on the hard, and launch at Yat Marin in October 2011. We ended up paying more because we spent 3 months on the dry.

Yat Marin raised prices last June by some obsene percentage, but then dropped them again to a more reasonable level in September. Judy, maybe you came during that period...

Try to talk to Meliha at the office - she figures out the best deals and gives suggestions on the best way to setup your contract.
No. We hauled 30 April 2011 at Yat Marin. Charge was 1100 Euro and that covered up to 14 days on hard. We were told that was the minimum charge. Would have been 1100 Euro even if only in yard for 3 days. Plus another 80 Euro to pressure wash, which we declined as not needed. Because of mismanagement of a local contractor and scheduling problems, we ended up needing 17 days on hard instead of the minimum 14 days. So we had to pay another 300 Euro for yard.

Previously we have hauled out in St. Thomas, Grenada, Cartagena Colombia, and New Zealand. Our haul-out at Yat Marin was the most expensive we have ever paid to date. The days of 'inexpensive' yacht work in Turkey must be over. I shudder to think what a haul-out in Italy or France will cost.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:28   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by svBeBe View Post
No. We hauled 30 April 2011 at Yat Marin. Charge was 1100 Euro and that covered up to 14 days on hard. We were told that was the minimum charge. Would have been 1100 Euro even if only in yard for 3 days. Plus another 80 Euro to pressure wash, which we declined as not needed. Because of mismanagement of a local contractor and scheduling problems, we ended up needing 17 days on hard instead of the minimum 14 days. So we had to pay another 300 Euro for yard.

Previously we have hauled out in St. Thomas, Grenada, Cartagena Colombia, and New Zealand. Our haul-out at Yat Marin was the most expensive we have ever paid to date. The days of 'inexpensive' yacht work in Turkey must be over. I shudder to think what a haul-out in Italy or France will cost.

Judy
Interesting... for us, a 35' Jeanneau, April prices were 575 EUR for 7 days. Date change would have been 250 EUR. Didn't do a lift out then, but just enquired. Go figure.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 01:22   #19

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiusha View Post
Interesting... for us, a 35' Jeanneau, April prices were 575 EUR for 7 days. Date change would have been 250 EUR. Didn't do a lift out then, but just enquired. Go figure.
Katiusha -- also be aware that the yard at Yat Marin charges for everything....literally every little thing.....things that are usually considered simply part of being on the hard and provided at no charge by all other yards in our experience. Actually, we admired how Yat Marin manages to impose so many individual charges. Good and efficient operation. But it boggles the mind that no one complained about these excessive charges. The crowning blow was when we needed something to set our bow thruster down upon so we could do the routine service. We did not want to have to set it down on the dirt ground beneath our boat on the hardstands. Yat Marin charged 8 Euro per day for a 1-meter metal stand on the left side, a 1-meter metal stand for the right side, and a plain piece of wood about 1-meter long. That is 8 Euro PER PIECE PER DAY. 24 Euro per day for a simple thing that all other yards have supplied free. We managed to rush through the service and return the 2 metal stands and piece of wood within 3 hours so only had to pay for 1 day.

Yep; gotta admire that operation. They have figured out how to make a very nice profit. We hope never to return to that yard.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 11:42   #20
Kik

Re: Stayed at the town qua

Hi Ram

I'm new at this forum.
I was looking for information on cheap mooring in the Mediterranean, but I found that there is no such possibility. So I started to look for information about the possibility of mooring at the town's quay, and I found your post from 2012 year as shown below. We intend to sail with my wife a little in this area but do not like to get attached to one place and, therefore, the option to use the town's quays is tempting, especially since we only during the holidays 2-4 times a year. We do not want to equipped marinas, proximity to the airport etc just as safe "custody" yacht when we will not be on it. If you can somehow relate to it? What do you think about leaving the boat for a few months in such a place? How to search the Internet for such mooring prices? Any information you have will be usefull.
Sorry for the lengthy post, thanks in advance and by the way
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Kik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
ive stayed at the town qua, and not the marinia- but its new and the area has to be the best in Turkey-simply lovely- I will be spending some time there soon
Kik is offline   Reply With Quote