Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2010, 13:57   #1

Boat: none yet
Boat-Sharing in Greece

Hello,I am interesterd by the prospect of a boat sharing arrangement although I can't say that I have explored the idea as fully as I probably need to before commiting to a project. My thinking is to find a maximun of two other partners, allowing each a sailing time of 2 or 3 months, invest around 20-25,000 euros each for capital outlay, share yearly expenses, including an annual haul out and maintenace.I would be looking at a 36 to 38 foot monohull, (although the thought of a motor sailer keeps sneaking up on me). I am not (yet) what would be called a fullycompetent offshore skipper and would most likely hire askipper for the first little while of boat ownership. I have taken lessons, chartered with skipper, and sailed in easy conditions on my own on 40ish footers in Florida and the Ionian in Greece. I am of Greek oprigin, know the country well, and am temporarily living in Belgium. I plan to spend a fair amount of time in Greece in the near future (I am 62 and if I'm going to sail it needs to be soon!). My preference would be to keep the boat in a marina in the Athens area where friends and relatives could keep an eye on it if necessary,although the Ionian is not out of the question.
If anyone out there has thought along these lines,I would apprecite hearing from you.Thanks in advance for any feedback
zakynthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 04:25   #2

Boat: s/v Gryphon d'Or - Morgan OI PH MS
Boat sharing in Greece

Z,
thinking of same idea
looking at Cheoy Lee 43 motor sailor now listed for sale in Amerimar, Spain.
Am familiar with long-range seaworthiness of that model vessel, and would offer privacy for occasional local-experienced crew if needed.
RSVP - sorry, don't seem to be able to include my direct email address.
Dennis
Dennis G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 13:39   #3

Boat: none yet
Hello denis,
Can you tell me a little motre about the vessel and your plans? How soon are you thinking of acting on your plans? You can email me directly at zakynthos1 at yahoo dot com and we can explore it further nfrom there.
thanks
zakynthos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece