Originally Posted by fbjk2000
Do you have any recommendations where there might be good, reasonably priced marinas
in the South?
Locationwise, I was thinking maybe Turkey
, etc. you get my drift ;-) I'm happy to pay a little extra for outstanding quality...
Also, I'm thinking about a major refit
of the boat, so good experiences with repairfolks are something I would love to hear about.
That's a seriously big list you'll be looking at. Several hundreds of places. It'll be worth narrowing your choices a bit.
- Living on board afloat? or ashore? Or living ashore with access to the boat ashore?
- Working on your own boat, or using yard people to do the work?
- Warmer winter? Or cooler winter?
- Place with a big live-aboard community? Maybe a bit distant from a town, but economic?
- Or would you prefer a big city with a lively social life?
- Easy airport connections?
Without telling us a bit about your preferences or needs, you'll get everyone replying saying their last wintering place was great (errm, for them. And their needs. Which may be different from yours).
Meanwhile, if you want the list of hundreds, try starting from this S Iberia page
(about 7 options), and work your way through the next 28 pages covering all points east in the Med, probably averaging another 7 options on each page, ending up in Cyprus.
Not too many options there though.