Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2017, 05:35   #16

Boat: Boatless at the moment
Re: Affordable and secure berthing for summertime on Mediterranean or Atlantic Europe

Little confused, you are also selling her?

1992 Dehler 39 CWS TOP Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Tricolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 06:31   #17

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds
Re: Affordable and secure berthing for summertime on Mediterranean or Atlantic Europe

Jim, tks clarification.

Rias Baixas: While the others maybe more picturesque the more natural Ria De Muros has a wonderful charm. i would not rate the Marina of Muros as equal to Portosin. While Muros town has got a lot of original natural charm and wonderful traditional architecture the marina facilities are not a patch on what you get at Portosin. I would suggest basing a boat at Portosin, knowing that a short trip across the Ria to Muros makes a nice event but not to think of staying many days/weeks/months in Muros. ( You did not mention the foul ground outside the marina where various people have lost anchors) It has been for a long time a base for the local fishing fleet because the distance to the exit from the Ria is about 4 Nm shorter but if the boats need to get things repaired they are more likely to go to Portosin. I would say that is the same for us cruisers. Even better when Portosin gives 25% discount to members of the Cruising Association. As a village, Portosin is rather horribly "nouveau", on the terribly cheap side.The food & shellfish is still just as excellent as it is in most of the restaurants in the Ria. The difference is that Portosin has such splendid Club facilities and good haulout & repair facilities. That is why many long distance cruisers take the extra time to work their way up the Ria to Portosin instead of stopping at Muros. (PS: I am not a shareholder of Real Club Nautica de Portosin. Just a fan)
Old 18-01-2017, 02:49   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!

Salty,

I completely agree your description of Ria de Muros. Smashing club at Portosin. When I've left the boat afloat, I've used Vilagarcia marina - mainly because the rail station to Santiago airport is so convenient! And for spending winter time on board, I loved A Coruna.
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 05:32   #19

Boat: Dehler 39 CWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Little confused, you are also selling her?

1992 Dehler 39 CWS TOP Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Yes, unfortunately currently also for sale
systik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 01:43   #20

Systik,

I am currently in Certosa Marina, Venice and there is a Dehler 39 right next to me in the marina and it is for sale. Looks early 90's vintage. Berth ref is E22. Is that yours?

Various people stop by to look at her.
Andrew
Old 28-04-2017, 01:58   #21

Boat: Dehler 39 CWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMetals View Post
Systik,

I am currently in Certosa Marina, Venice and there is a Dehler 39 right next to me in the marina and it is for sale. Looks early 90's vintage. Berth ref is E22. Is that yours?

Various people stop by to look at her.
Andrew
Hey, Andrew – nope, we are currently in Marina di Ragusa, Sicily. Tomorrow heading towards Malta.
systik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 10:03   #22

Systik,

I am interested in your comments about Ragusa. Covenient for the local airport (Ryanair?), price, service, shopping, locals, security? Was thinking of going there Oct this year for a few months but need direct flights also in the winter from London
Andrew

Tags
Europe, mediterranean, rope