Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2018, 10:40   #61

Re: Adriatic Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
I’ll be near Venice beginning May 20th for two weeks.
Hi Ken - I'll be in Certosa from Sunday night to v early Friday morning. Be nice to meet up if you are nearby.
terah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 16:02   #62
cruiser

Now in Italy for two weeks 80km east of Venice if anyone’s nearby.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:13   #63

Boat: Plan Joubert 21
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia

Currently still in Crete, but soon to be headed North, we will be in Albania and Montenegro from 24th of July onwards, if anyone has any suggestions for anchorages, marinas, places we MUST see please let us know!
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:02   #64

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

Probably the very best free anchorages are not going to appear on this blog bec they might no longer be as idyllic and peaceful as before.

Terah: Is that you, Neil B ("Libera"), moored in Certosa a few boats away from me? Hope to see you early July.
Andrew (SaltyMetals)
"Genial Bee"
Old 03-06-2018, 06:51   #65

Boat: Corbin Ketch 39ft

can someone help with information about Greece? I am US on US flag vessel. I thought I understood EU with the 18 month cycle in schengen. I got around the 3 month/6month? visa problem by getting temporary residency in
Greece allowing me years in Greece. Several sources have gave me information that my boat is past a VAT requirement as it is over 15 years old. Customs here in Rhodes have stamped my transit log restricting me to only use the boat for 6 months.
When I asked for the documentation for that requirement I was told it was in Greek so could not understand it. I want to winter over in Greece, I could take the boat to Turkey and restart the clock on the 18 month but this would do me no good for myself as I plan to spend the winter far enough away from Turkey to make it inconvenient and I do not know from what the customs tell me that it would reset my time. it was suggested that I reflag the vessel to a EU country but it seems to me that would cause a myriad of other unknown problems. Any suggestions a links to resources?
Old 03-06-2018, 07:36   #66

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

Hi Jo, I suggest you PM to Kenomac. Ken has an Oyster 53 on US flag and has been in the Med/Adriatic for a number of years and has worked out a system which abides by local regulations. Maybe he has already seen your message..... He started the "Adriatic Squad" thread.
Andrew
"Genial Bee"
Old 03-06-2018, 11:01   #67
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee39 View Post
can someone help with information about Greece? I am US on US flag vessel. I thought I understood EU with the 18 month cycle in schengen. I got around the 3 month/6month? visa problem by getting temporary residency in
Greece allowing me years in Greece. Several sources have gave me information that my boat is past a VAT requirement as it is over 15 years old. Customs here in Rhodes have stamped my transit log restricting me to only use the boat for 6 months.
When I asked for the documentation for that requirement I was told it was in Greek so could not understand it. I want to winter over in Greece, I could take the boat to Turkey and restart the clock on the 18 month but this would do me no good for myself as I plan to spend the winter far enough away from Turkey to make it inconvenient and I do not know from what the customs tell me that it would reset my time. it was suggested that I reflag the vessel to a EU country but it seems to me that would cause a myriad of other unknown problems. Any suggestions a links to resources?
It sounds like you’ve been given some bad advice then acted on it.

I’m a non-eu resident who plays by the rules established for visitors entering the EU with non-VAT paid boats. You are an EU temporary resident who now needs to play by the rules set up for EU residents who own boats within the EU. I think you need to pay vat if you plan to stay longer than six months, or somehow change your residency status.... then I can advise you.

Good luck

Ken
Old 03-06-2018, 22:23   #68

Boat: Corbin Ketch 39ft

as a non eu resident how do you manage to stay in the eu? I understand resetting the clock on the boat with leaving and re-entering but there is still the visa requirement. I too play by the rules if only knowing what the rules actually are and plan accordingly. Noonsite says the 6 month law in Greece has been repealed but apparently not here in Rhodes. Stay tuned for further developments.
Old 03-06-2018, 22:55   #69
cruiser

I spend time in non-Schengen countries like Croatia and Montenegro.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:36   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMetals View Post
Terah: Is that you, Neil B ("Libera"), moored in Certosa a few boats away from me? Hope to see you early July.
Andrew (SaltyMetals)
"Genial Bee"
Hi Salty. Yes, that's me.

We don't get in until evening on the 4th so I think we'll just miss you, but will hopefully catch up in Croatia.
terah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 09:36   #71

Boat: Hanse 575

We just bought a Hanse 57 and are up here in Slovenia at Marina Izola under a US flag...Is anyone nearby? I could use some new friends - kinda missing Texas! We are heading South through Croatia to get to Montenegro within the next 30 days for tax purposes. Then hope to get to Greece by October 1.
ClubClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 11:28   #72

Boat: Lagoon 450

Hi ClubClaudia,

We are arriving Dubrovnik 30 June (from Philadelphia via Dublin) and will be cruising around the Croatian islands until 14 July, and would love to try and connect. If you know of a way to send a direct message on here, I'll give you my phone number or you can email me at lkushner1@yahoo.com and I'll send the number. I'm hoping not to check email once we get over there.

I found out last night Yacht Week is happening during both our weeks. Hoping they don't hog all the mooring spots.
Pilotswife62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 19:58   #73

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2

We will be arriving in Croatia in a week and a half for a summer of coastal cruising. Plan is to start in the northern Adriatic (where our boat is currently moored) and leisurely meander up and down the Croatian coast until October then haul out somewhere.

Look for us on US flagged Lagoon 400 “Zoe”. Hope to see some CF Adriatic squad members!
Dtm67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2018, 08:56   #74

Doing a 2 week sail starting from Trogir in July with partner and 3 kids. Can anybody suggest a good source for information regarding itinerary ideas. The suggestions I received from the charter company was ok but I’m seeking a bit more info regarding anchoring/mooring away from the hustle of the marinas. Cheers.
Allva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 15:29   #75

Boat: Beneteau Sense 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allva View Post
Doing a 2 week sail starting from Trogir in July with partner and 3 kids. Can anybody suggest a good source for information regarding itinerary ideas. The suggestions I received from the charter company was ok but I’m seeking a bit more info regarding anchoring/mooring away from the hustle of the marinas. Cheers.
Hi Allva,
This is the official list of anchorages in Croatia. The list is couple of years old but it's the only one published
http://www.mppi.hr/UserDocsImages/AN...S_may_2014.xls

This is a map of those anchorages:
http://www.mppi.hr/default.aspx?id=7411

And in case you decide for a marina it is advisable to call for a reservation especially in peak season. This is a list with marinas phone contacts
http://www.mppi.hr/default.aspx?id=692

If you're looking for a guide book this one is very popular '777 Harbours and Anchorages: Eastern Adriatic Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and Albania' It might be quite usefull if you're looking places out of beaten tracs since there are almost all available places worth to use. It is available on Amazon or other bookstores (maybe in Trogir too).

Even better and more update is this one: 'Harbour Guide Croatia, Montenegro and Slovenia'. Although there are listed less places.

If you have any question about a specific anchorage in your sailing area please do not hesitate to ask. I keep my boat in Split most of the year so I might be able to give you a comment.
Cheers and enjoy the trip.

Martin
MartinM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adriatic