Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2019, 12:59   #1

Boat: Hanse 348
Recommendations for OTS, not DIY LiFEPO4 system

Put up a post on the size of a battery bank, and also one on commercial, off the shelf batteries. There was a suggestion to read mainsail's blog, which i spent considerable time doing.

His is a great primer on technology and what to measure and what to look for, mostly if you are the DIY putting together everything it seems mostly if you are purchasing cells rather than a integrated system.

However, say I know enough about putting in a lead system. I know how I want a charger, inverter, solar controller, monitor etc. I want to now do the same but with LIFePO. This requires a BMS that I didn't have to have before.

Can someone provide a system, if you say you are going to purchase a Victron/Lithonics/manufacturer battery, and then what components are necessary to control this battery. Basically a shopping list and schematic that would enable someone to integrate in with solar panels, a charger, alternator, inverter, and might as well add in generator (though that goes back to the charger) and a
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 15:57   #2
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF
Re: Recommendations for OTS, not DIY LiFEPO4 system

As you say, Victron and Lithionics.

Both installed by authorized resellers, whose job will be to make sure everything works as a system.

OceanPlanet is a great place to start, if too far away ask whom they recommend.

Or call the manufacturers for referrals.

Will cost lots of boat bucks.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
DIY, lifepo4, men