Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Regional Forums and Groups > Europe
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2018, 04:47   #1

Boat: Jeanneau SO 440
Navionics vs Imray Digital Charts - What's best for Med?

Hi: We are using Navionics digital charts on our Raymarine chartplotter during our cruise through the western Med. I was wondering if any of you have opinions on what are the best digital charts for this area - Navionics, Imray, or something else? I have been surprised to find that using Navionics many of the anchorages are uncharted. This has been especially true in Italy and Sardinia. Often when you are close in to shore, only a blue area with red asterisks will show up, but no depth readings. Odd, because these anchorages and harbors are where you need depth info the most! I was considering downloading the Imray digital charts, to see if they were any better. Thoughts?

Thanks!
tgrimmett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, navionics