Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 26-09-2010, 20:47   #1

Boat: Hitchiker, 35' 'Absolutely Knot'
Anyone Know About Boat Lagoon in Thailand ?

AK is at Rebak at present, us in Oz working Plan to get some mods done in January & have had several people recommend BL, especially for S/S work (davits) & interior woodwork/reupholstery. Not too worried about the cheapest as not always the best but would like to know of the quality & if owners have to stay with the boat for every minute it is being worked on. Any first hand experiences, hints, tips or advice gratefully accepted

Old 07-10-2010, 09:13   #2

Boat: 1980 Pacific Seacraft 31 Mariah
Hi Folks,
What are you looking to have done???? Couldn't figure that out. My boat is on the hard at Boat Lagoon, and there are lot of of good people there to assist in most nautical things. I have some contact numbers if you need them I will forward to you. Best, Dingoman

Old 07-10-2010, 15:18   #3

Contacts would be great, many thanks Dingoman Looking at having stainless davits fitted for our dinghy at the back of the boat (& purchasing a new dinghy!); also shade covers and some extra shade in the cockpit. That's for starters. Bit short on time so I guess we'll get as much done as we have time/money for. Maybe see you there? We plan to be at BL around middle of Jan.
Old 07-10-2010, 16:21   #4

Boat: 1980 Pacific Seacraft 31 Mariah
Hi Eddie and Wendy, Call Doreen at 66 0878880593, she takes care of many boats, and knows a ton of very reputable craftsmen and suppliers. If you leave your boat there, she will take care of it, and watch over it too. Her husband is a proffesional rigger too. For canvas there is a guy named Mozar that can do it. Doreen will have number for you.
Old 02-12-2010, 22:19   #5

contacts at Boat Lagoon..

Hi Dingoman, thanks for the info, however I can't seem to get through on the number for Doreen I wonder if you could check it for me? We have finally got dates arranged - will be getting to BL around 15th Jan, hopefully see you there. Cheers
Old 26-12-2010, 03:59   #6

Boat: Bristol, sloop with staysail, 32' HORIZON
Boat Lagoon- good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1 View Post
AK is at Rebak at present, us in Oz working Plan to get some mods done in January & have had several people recommend BL, especially for S/S work (davits) & interior woodwork/reupholstery. Not too worried about the cheapest as not always the best but would like to know of the quality & if owners have to stay with the boat for every minute it is being worked on. Any first hand experiences, hints, tips or advice gratefully accepted
Know several cruisers who have had work done (woodwork, canvas etc) and were quite satisfied. Warmweathersailor
Old 26-12-2010, 15:12   #7

Thanks Horizon, we're not sure if we have a booking there or not but had a chat yesterday to a lady there who seemed to think we could be either in a wet or dry pen from Jan 15th. Guess we'll turn up & see what happens.
Old 26-12-2010, 15:58   #8

Boat: Landfall 39 built 1982
Hey you guys

Also talk to Brent at the Phuket cruising yacht club he is a wealth of information saved me my membership in the first week, not that you have to be a member he gives information freely but I needed to secure my tender while I was away for a bit so I joined the club.

Phuket Cruising Yacht Club

Will be back on 19th of January to do some more stuff to the boat

Cheers Alex
Old 26-12-2010, 17:12   #9

Thumbs up

Awesome, thanks heaps Alex. What a great site this is for info shared and aren't yachties/boaties a great fraternity to be part of...I'm lovin' it
Old 26-12-2010, 17:41   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 46' custom cat
Hi Eddy,

We spent over 4 years on the hard at BL (don't get me started!) and are currently in Rebak where I am looking out the window at your boat as I write this.

There are several choices for SS work in BL. Easiest is probably the guys in orange shirts behind East Marine. Not a lot of English but they get the job done, are reasonable and right there. Another option is Luk down in Phuket town near Ratanachai. We had some tanks built by a fellow named Lek who used to work at Luk's. They were beautifully done and Lek speaks more English than most. His sister works at the BL and speaks English quite well. You can contact him at hamsterrock@hotmail.com.

We had a cushion made at Lekstar (near Tesco). Very good work. We will be heeading back to Thailand in a few days to have some more upholstery done there. I have heard good things about Mozar, but he is often booked up.

For carpentry there are several options, most very good. My recommendation would be Nai and Toe at woodwork992000@yahoo.com. I can probably find a phone number if you need it. Nai speaks pretty good English, but with any work done on your boat it is a good idea to check in on a daily basis. Tell her I sent you and I am bringing her tools back soon!

Mike
Old 26-12-2010, 18:02   #11

Talking

Mike, your info is very much appreciated! It can be difficult arranging this sort of stuff when you're out of the country; unfortunately we have to still work but will be back aboard in less than 2 weeks (even tho she has to be antifouled b/fore we can float!). Thanks for the heads up on AK - at least we know she is still there. Hope we see you then 'cause I'm going to ask about those 4 years you know

Tags
Thailand

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: