Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 10:11   #31

Re: Foul Play Port Lavaca Tx

For those of you who have replied, my apologies for my sparseness of responses. Still attending to that family emergency. My boat was not derelict but was pushed into the dock by 8 foot waves in 6 feet of water. I know because I was on the boat. I didn't just tie it up to some strangers dock and leave it. Many of the questions can be answered by actually reading my prior post. And yes, fraud was committed. Have talked to the state of Texas officers and they were not seizing my boat. For those of you who have shown kindness in your remarks, I thank you because I wanted this mainly to be a warning for other sailers coming into the area. For the rest, well, some people need to tear others down in order to build themselves up. I am a man who practices high morals and ethics and don't need your boo-hoo or cutting remarks. I have acted responsibly right down the line and will continue to do so, even though my good nature has been taken advantage of in this situation. Every word of my statement can be proven with factual evidence and documentation. Perhaps there are not 2 sides to every story, which is mere overgeneralization and speculation.
Captain Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:11   #32

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

Thanks for the update. Most of the questions related as to whether there was any sort of actual legal contract with the property owner of the dock - where the boat was left.

I hope it works out okay - it's a terrible thing to have happen, and people were trying to figure out what could possibly be done for the situation.
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:48   #33

Boat: MacGregor 26

Has your boat sailed since 2017?
Hoosierdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 14:21   #34

Boat: Bristol 41.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdoc View Post
Has your boat sailed since 2017?

Irrelevant.
redsky49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 14:32   #35

Boat: MacGregor 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsky49 View Post

Irrelevant.
To what? No timeline has been given here. I’m trying to establish one. When I first read it I assumed a seaworthy boat went from tied at a marina to sunk in a week’s time. Is that true? No information about the marina being heavily damaged and abandoned/damaged boats removed via crane and sold at auction.

Did anyone know the boat was originally damaged in 2017 during Harvey?
The marina received federal grants to rehab itself and I suspect the boat had to be moved for this to happen, but we have no information, so again, trying to establish what happened, and when.

How long was the seaworthy boat grounded against that homeowners dock?

If you are going to post something accusing numerous parties of fraud and other illegal activities I think it’s fair to give some follow-up information. If not, why post that original post on a “forum”?
Hoosierdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 14:33   #36
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

So the dock owner for sure wanted to get rid of him. He says he owned no money, but was he on some type of long term lease that the owner of property couldn't break? If it was only really 5 days out of town. Why didn't homeowner just wait 5 days and say "move at the end of the month"

That's actually what doesn't make sense. Vessel condition is sorta irrelevant as the prop owner shouldn't have rented to a derelict looking vessel anyway.
Boatguy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 15:18   #37
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

I can't make sense of this at all ...

1. Guy leaves boat in Marina, slip paid for.
2. Marina takes boat out of harbour and casts it loose.
3. Somehow boat ends up tied to a private dock and sinks.
4. Home owner commits fraud.

More holes in this story than in the boat.
Old 14-12-2018, 07:10   #38

Far too many questions without answers here. Without more details, this post does no one any good.
jb2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2018, 10:35   #39

Boat: Cornish Crabber 24

This post is incomprehensible . After reading it several times I still have no sense of what happened when and why. My first reaction is that something is “ rotten in Denmark”. For instance, the odd occurrence in which the boat was allegedly removed from a marina where the owner owed no money is beyond bizarre. As is the rest of this mysterious and amorphous post.
BluePeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2018, 12:55   #40

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

Usually when there are a bunch of holes in a story, there's a reason the teller of said tale left them out. The OP doesn't seem to be in any hurry to clear up the missing facts, so we're all left to assume as we might. The general purpose of the post, according to the OP, was to discourage anyone from visiting Port Lavaca, so take that as you may..
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2018, 15:18   #41

Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=195010

It's the same boat in this thread, pictures of how it looked earlier in the year.

Captain Ahab, I'm afraid your boat has worn out its welcome in that port. It may have started long before you ever even took ownership. I've no doubt your boat was evicted, possibly from a couple of places.

Marina personnel and even dock neighbors can be a stuffy lot, they like to have and be surrounded by nice boats. I've seen it with other boats, judged by looks alone. Your Hunter had a lot damage and it was tough for them to imagine it ever doing any sailing again.

I truly wish it could have turned out different for you.

Tags
lavac