At Cruisers Forum we are pleased to offer our members a Monthly Vendor Giveaway Prize, which we hope will help our members learn about the sponsors who support our community. Our goal is to create ways for our members to engage with our sponsors, earning a chance to win a prize donated by the sponsor
. We feel this will provide the sponsor
a unique opportunity to embrace our laser focused audience and provide our amazing members an easy and free way to win some gear!
A special thanks to Ocean Planet Energy for providing the prize for our June Giveaway, which will be a FREE Solbian SL40Q-JB or SL40L-JB solar panel (depending on what best fits for the winner), value $429; also a Genasun GVB-8-12Pb solar controller with the panel, value $125 with a total value of $554 for the lucky winner. PLUS a 10% discount for all entrants who don't win!
Bruce Schwab is a lifelong marine services professional and two-time solo circumnavigator.
As an adolescent he spent two years cruising with his father and brothers. Afterwards, settling in Northern California
he led the Rigging
Shop at Svendsens Marine
from 1981 to 2000. During this time he restored his 1930 30sq Meter “Rumbleseat” (now based in Tortola as “Diva”).
After winning many crewed, double-handed, and solo sailing races, including the 1996 Singlehanded Transpac aboard Rumbleseat, he retired from Svendsens to oversee the design & building of the all-American Open 60 OceanPlanet. After completing his first circumnavigation
in the 2002/2003 Around Alone Race
, he came to Portland
OceanPlanet for the 2004/2005 Vendee Globe Race
(solo, nonstop, around the world). On February 25, 2005, Bruce became the first American in history
to officially finish the Vendee Globe, and currently holds the American solo circumnavigation record
of 109 days and 20 hours.
Since then he has devoted himself to providing clients anywhere in the world with the best marine
systems. Now living in the mid-coast town of Woolwich, Maine
, Bruce is an avid bicycle racer
and regularly plays his collection of acoustic guitars.
To enter, simply do the following:
- Visit the site Ocean Planet Energy
- Select the products you would add to your wishlist which you would consider purchasing with your 10% discount if you don't win!
- Copy the URLs (the web address at top of your browser).
- Paste the URLs into a post in this thread/discussion.
That's all you have to do, so don't forget the links!
More Rules and Info:
- Any member of Cruisers Forum may enter.
- Members can only post once in the contest thread, so be sure to check you have included the link before you post!
- Entries without links will be disqualified.
- Members who have made a mistake may hit the red triangle to report the post and alert the moderators.
- Members must post a link back to Ocean Planet Energy to the goods they would buy with their Giveaway credit.
- Members who wish to select merchandise of higher value than the Giveaway limit may do so; and agree to pay the difference.
- On the last day of the month we will close the thread and randomly pick a post (or posts) in the thread, that will be the winner. We will use Random.org to choose a number between 2 and the last entry number (seeing the first post is the announcement). Whatever number is selected equates to the post number that wins.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- We will announce the winner at the end of the thread and close it again.
- Members who break the rules will be disqualified!
If you are bursting to ask a question about this awesome Giveaway, I have created a FAQs thread for you to post on, so you don't have to get disqualified from here for double posting!!!
Vendor Giveaway - Click here to ask your questions!