Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2017, 19:42   #46

Re: Wanted - 40'(approx) Blue-water live-aboard

Are you guys the Canadian owners of the 42' Malo in Granada? If so could you please email me andresv94@yahoo.com

I think we might be able to make a deal if we can come to a price agreement where we are both happy
Old 18-08-2017, 20:01   #47

Boat: William Garden 28’ Gaffer

Heck of a sea boat:
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982...s#.WZep2kFlCaN
Old 31-08-2017, 07:42   #48

Take a look at an beautiful Irwin 52 at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1EcXFBy8kDrbkJpOXJIMmJQOGM&usp=sha ring

WWW.dancybyrne.com/nautorious-Irwin-52-panorama

These boats have sailed the South Pacific for decades and are extremely comfortable and safe. This boat is a well found example. You can reach the owner at gf4rff@gmail.com.
Old 17-11-2017, 16:16   #49

Boat: Amel Maramu 46

Hi folks ...As the OP of this thread I have been remiss bringing you up to date.
Last time I posted I mentioned being outbidded on an Amel Maramu located in Malaysia. Well, as good fortune would have it my partner and I are currently getting her ready to head up the west coast of Malaysia and on to Thailand. Very excited!!
To assist other purchasers like I thought I'd pass on a couple of comments about my experiences:
1. When buying a boat if possible spend time to first get to know the owner - that will tell you more about the condition and past maintenance of a vessel than any survey will.
2. Keep your search focussed on vessels that suit your intended needs - price (although important) shouldn't be reason to make compromises you will regret later.
3. Look for a vessel with good 'bones'.
4. Whether you buy a boat that is 'cruise-ready or not, be prepared to spend money on your purchase.
5. Despite some comments in this thread about having low purchase price expectations, YOUR boat is out there. Do proper research, be prepared to travel, and have cash in hand.

Thank you to those who offered their comments and suggestions and best wishes to those in the process searching for their 'perfect' vessel.
Old 17-11-2017, 17:48   #50

Boat: Looking for my next boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffsguy View Post
Hi folks ...As the OP of this thread I have been remiss bringing you up to date.
Last time I posted I mentioned being outbidded on an Amel Maramu located in Malaysia. Well, as good fortune would have it my partner and I are currently getting her ready to head up the west coast of Malaysia and on to Thailand.
You seem to have missed something in the story...if you were outbid, how is it that you are sailing it? Are you volunteer crew for the new owner?
Old 18-11-2017, 02:06   #51

Boat: Nauticat 32

Quote:
Last time I posted I mentioned being outbidded on an Amel Maramu located in Malaysia. Well, as good fortune would have it my partner and I are currently getting her ready to head up the west coast of Malaysia and on to Thailand. Very excited!!
To assist other purchasers like I thought I'd pass on a couple of comments about my experiences:
1. When buying a boat if possible spend time to first get to know the owner - that will tell you more about the condition and past maintenance of a vessel than any survey will.
2. Keep your search focussed on vessels that suit your intended needs - price (although important) shouldn't be reason to make compromises you will regret later.
3. Look for a vessel with good 'bones'.
4. Whether you buy a boat that is 'cruise-ready or not, be prepared to spend money on your purchase.
5. Despite some comments in this thread about having low purchase price expectations, YOUR boat is out there. Do proper research, be prepared to travel, and have cash in hand.

Thank you to those who offered their comments and suggestions and best wishes to those in the process searching for their 'perfect' vessel.

Congratulations! It seems you got through the maze and got the puzzle solved.
Old 20-11-2017, 15:39   #52

Boat: Amel Maramu 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburking View Post
You seem to have missed something in the story...if you were outbid, how is it that you are sailing it? Are you volunteer crew for the new owner?
Sorry for the omission hamburking ... the overbidder withdrew before completing the purchase and I became the proud owner of Pegasus. Sometimes patience brings it's own rewards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho View Post
Congratulations! It seems you got through the maze and got the puzzle solved.
Old 31-01-2018, 10:09   #53

I have a 1978 Hallberg Rassy 41 Center Cockpit Ketch that is equipped for serious cruising. She comes with new bottom paint 2018. She is a steal at 60K for a quick sale. Extensive inventory. IM me for info
Old 31-01-2018, 12:15   #54

Boat: Bruce Roberts Ketch 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkovachi View Post
I have a 1978 Hallberg Rassy 41 Center Cockpit Ketch that is equipped for serious cruising. She comes with new bottom paint 2018. She is a steal at 60K for a quick sale. Extensive inventory. IM me for info
Where is this boat located ?
Old 31-01-2018, 14:39   #55

Boat is located near Annapolis MD
Old 02-02-2018, 08:47   #56

We have a 1978 Hallberg Rassy 41 Center Cockpit Ketch that is overly equipped for offshore voyaging. We are retiring from cruising life after 24 years. Vessel was hauled Feb 1st for new bottom paint. She's a great boat. Located in Jacksonville, FL. Price is $60,000. Photos and additional info can be found here: 1978 Hallberg-Rassy HR 41, Jacksonville Florida - boats.com

Have a blessed day.
Old 02-02-2018, 14:25   #57

Boat: Lagoon 400

If I were in the market for a boat at your price point this HR would be high on the list. Cheers.
Old 05-02-2018, 17:19   #58

Boat: 1985 Nonsuch 30 Ultra

The wife of a friend of mine is selling his Tartan 41 because his health has failed him at too young an age.
My wife and I have both sailed on this boat several times in the Bahamas and Florida coast. She's well founded and well equipped and currently located on the St Lawrence river in upstate New York.

My friend treated this boat with fastidious attention. I believe the broker has priced her fairly

Details of the listing are here:->http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2001...s#.WnkGpVRKtac

Jim
Old 26-02-2018, 08:04   #59

Boat: Custom Benford Liveaboard/Cruiser Price reduced to $90,000

Quote:
My partner and I are looking for that 'perfect' yacht to spend several years cruising the South Pacific region and further afield.

At this stage we have eliminated most production boats and now looking at older more solid hulls requiring a full or partial refit. It has been suggested that full-keelers are more sea-kindly but lack the windward performance of modern boats such as the Jeanneau.

My question to those who have been there before us is whether we are going down the correct path or should we be looking at a vessel that has been regularly maintained and upgraded? One such yacht we saw for example was a 26 year old 50 footer in Langkawi priced at US$275K while we have seen a multitude of others well under US$100K.

Yes, we do have budget constraints andw know that you 'get what you pay for' e but am interested to hear the perspective and experience of others.

Happy sailing - Dennis
Page 1 Feb 25, 2018 Check Custom Benford Mercedes...she's a big 38. Couldn't figure out how to get more pics in my post. Guests say "She is so cozy." Coast Guard inspectors said "She is the safest boat in San Diego Bay." Happy to answer any questions emailed to me at svkahana@hotmail.com or message first to 619-890-9163
Old 26-02-2018, 12:16   #60

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Ahoy, there, the original poster has bought his boat. All of you with boats for sale might want to post them in the boat classified forum here, after reading the posting rules "sticky".

This revived thread will not get the views that a classified ad will.

Ann

Tags
wanted, water