Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2017, 05:51   #1

Trying to buy

First off thank you for looking at this post. I currently live in Tampa, FL. I work in St. Petersburg, FL for Spectrum.

Here is what I am looking for.

Either a Mono hull or Cat. I am looking for something in the $30,000 to about $75,000 price range. Something that I can liveaboard while fixing up. The perfect situation would be, the same person that sells me the boat would have a dock that I could rent while I am paying off the boat. I have very little to use as a down payment but I always pay my bills. If, however, the worst should happen and I lose this job and can't find something else then I walk away and all the upgrades to the boat become the previous owners.

I know this is a tall order to fill but not entirely impossible. My ultimate goal is once the boat is ready to sail to save about $40,000 and go sailing for a couple of years. I believe that this should be possible in 5 - 7 years. you can reach me here at CF or sordid.tales@gmail.com

Thank you

Scott
WhereAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 07:31   #2

Boat: Currently in between
Re: Trying to buy

Scott, I believe what I am reading, though you didn't clearly state it, is you are looking for owner financing? How far up or down the coast are you willing to go?

I am in the Tarpon Springs/Hudson/Spring Hill area and will keep my eyes open. Not real sure how many are out there that will owner finance without a substantial down payment. I have heard of some doing it but seems they usually look for around 50% down.
Old 16-05-2017, 07:36   #3

Boat: 97 Hunter 430 43 ft.

Sometimes there a few smaller boats that people will give away if you'll take over responsibility and the slip. I saw 2 27' and a 30' that were given away.
Tkeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 07:45   #4

Yes, Owner financing would be preferred. As far as how far would I go... 25ish miles north or south of St. Pete. And Above all else Thank you
WhereAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 13:27   #5

Boat: Lagoon 410

Give Craig's List a try. I have, on occasion, seen what you are looking for there.
InTheDish is offline   Reply With Quote