Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 13:42   #1

Boat: Privilege 37
Privilege Catamaran 37ft

Privilege is famous for building cats of the highest quality. When a high quality Privilege is enhanced with numerous innovative improvements to vessel and machinery, the result is a quintessential, seaworthy cruiser named Cat Tales. If you are looking for a “best in class”, well equipped, blue water vessel you need to take a look at this cat. The 37ft Privilege has accommodations equal to most 40 footers with three queen sized berths and two heads with showers and 6ft 4in headroom. Galley has great counter space, a large upright frig/freezer, a two burner propane stove with oven, and plenty of storage. The owner’s cabin forward is luxuriously large (queen size) with large opening hatch for great ventilation. Hatch is also a convenient exit to the foredeck to check the anchor or proximity to other boats. There are two queen sized berths at aft end of each hull with large overhead hatches and side opening ports for ventilation. Each stateroom has a good sized storage locker. The port hull stateroom has been modified with a small desk with seat, a printer shelf, a 75 quart DC powered chest freezer and a single berth to make an “owner’s version” functional layout. If a queen berth is preferred, the configuration can be easily changed back to original. We’ve had family guests onboard for two weeks at a time and 4 adults plus 2 nine year old boys lived and played comfortably onboard in the Bahamas.

Innovative improvements to Cat Tales include: (1) custom aluminum arch to integrate dinghy davits with mountings for radar, wind generator, solar panel, and 3 antennas (TV, AIS, & SSB) (2) Custom aluminum bimini frame which supports large solar array, fishing rod rack, and tracks for dodger and sun awnings (3) Custom 8-10 gph DC water maker with small footprint inside a locker (4) Custom stainless steel exhaust elbows on both engines for cooler running and easier maintenance (5) Three-blade Flex-O-Fold folding props allows greater speed under sail and good motoring speed on one engine (6) Engine raw water cooling re-routed from sail drive so marine growth never blocks cooling water (7) Escape hatches have been remanufactured to be more seaworthy than original Lewmar hatches (8) Custom mainsail cover reinforced in all wear areas with integrated lazy jacks (9) New radial cut genoa modified with a pendant to roller furler to improve forward visibility (10) “Strong Track” added to mast with new mainsail to reduce friction when raising main. (11) Original helm seat replaced with custom two person seat with very comfortable cushions (12) Saloon table length reduced by 1ft to ease entry/exit to rear seats, still seats 6 comfortably (13) Refrig/freezer modified to add 4 to 6” of additional insulation and custom electronic thermostat to save battery power
Cat Tales is in excellent condition. We have owned her for 14 years and were meticulous about maintaining her and recording all maintenance performed. The hulls have recently been compounded and waxed, there is fresh varnish on interior and exterior wood, and the varnished teak cockpit table looks like new. Engines and saildrives have been lubricated with Amsoil synthetic oil for the last 10 years and numerous oil samples show the engines are in great shape. Both running and standing rigging are in excellent condition and mainsail and genoa were replaced with new Mack sails in 2016. If you are looking for a proven cruising catamaran offering safety, speed, luxury and comfort at a great price please come see this awesome couple’s/family cruiser.

Location is in Apollo Beach, Florida (Tampa Bay) and price is $164,500. Please private message me if you would like more info. I have lots of pictures and a walk-through video. Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bahamas 18.jpg
Views:	1090
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	183186   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190102_152430.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	183187  

Name:	boat card.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	183188   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_083926.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	183189  

Name:	20190101_084202.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	183190   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_083607 (1).jpg
Views:	936
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	183191  

Old 04-01-2019, 14:44   #2

Re: Privilege Catamaran 37ft

Looks great! Love the interior paint color.
Beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 15:00   #3

I forgot to include the manufacture date on Cat Tales. She is a 1996 model.
Old 04-01-2019, 15:26   #4

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Nice looking cat! Could you put up some pics of the engines please.
Also I didn't see any mention of a dingy in this, or on the catamaran site ad. Not included?
I will have to keep my eye on this one, our search starts once our house sell. [emoji106]
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 14:54   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mac View Post
Nice looking cat! Could you put up some pics of the engines please.
Also I didn't see any mention of a dingy in this, or on the catamaran site ad. Not included?
I will have to keep my eye on this one, our search starts once our house sell. [emoji106]
Chris, I'm keeping dinghy so I can take grand kids fishing. First pic is starboard engine, Second pic is 12V watermaker pump.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190103_150911.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	183256   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190103_151118.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	409.5 KB
ID:	183257  

Old 05-01-2019, 15:36   #6

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

Thanks. Good luck with the sale. If it is still available when we can start looking, I will give you a shout.
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 03:48   #7

I'm happy to report that Cat Tales has been sold to someone who will take very good care of her.
Old 20-03-2019, 09:21   #8

And yes I will take very good care of her! I am very excited to have found this very well maintained boat. I spent 18 hours going through her with Greg reviewing all systems and upgrades as well as a test sail. I’ll be moving onto Cat Tales sometime in April. I’ve really appreciated reading through the discussions this forum contributed to Greg’s upgrades. I am sure I will continue his use of this well versed group to help solve problems and contribute to repairs.
Thanks in advance, and fair winds!!
Taylor
TaylorO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 06:05   #9

Boat: looking for next boat

Congratulations on your purchase, If for some reason you decide she is not for you, i would be very interested.
cueball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 06:18   #10

Boat: Beneteau first 26

Good catamarans , far superior to lagoon , I delivered one from Carib to Europe
gmakhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:52   #11

Thank you all for your comments. I am settling into the boat and will be hanging around the Tampa area for a while in order to get familiar with all the systems. I’m sure I will be seeking knowledge from this group. Cheers!!
Old 22-11-2019, 07:57   #12

Just a quick update on Cat Tales. Many upgrades including:

1,050 watts of solar with 3 separate controllers and remote monitor readout/programmers
600 ah of Battleborn Lithium GC-2 batteries with Balmar 200G monitor. Reprogrammed remote regulators for alternators
Boat is 100% self sufficient without running engines. Have yet to go below 60% battery level even with running hog of a water maker (draws 35 amps!!). Windlass will run off batteries.
Separate starter battery with Xantrex Echo charge and voltage readout. Starboard engine charges starter battery
Full engine service
Lots of new electrical terminal blocks cleaning up electrical system
Remodeled anchor locker and installed a 65# Mantus anchor and 200’ of new 3B chain. Incredible anchor
Re-foamed cockpit cushions
All new lines/lifelines
LED throughout including running lights
Additional arch bracing and a New Highfield 310 dingy with used Yamaha 2 stroke 15hp
Rebuilt the Air-X wind generator and added the “Blue Blades” making it much quieter and more efficient
Fish cleaning station at grill!! Love it! An outdoor kitchen!!
Scuba tank mounts for four tanks
Air Head Composting toilet/removed holding tank/pump/valves/hoses. No odor. One of the best upgrades!! And freed up lots of space!
Rebuilt second head with new pump/cleaned hoses. Uses fresh water only. This is a direct overboard discharge toilet so rarely used.
Soon to redo the bottom paint. Will take it back to the gel coat and apply 3 coats of Pettit Protect epoxy barrier coat and 3 coats of Pettit Trinidad Commercial 75 antifoul paint and buff out/wax the free boards.

Have sailed from St Petersburg to the Tortugas and back to Plantation Key. Boat sails great!! And a very comfortable full time liveaboard boat!!

Heading to the Bahamas or Caribbean end of December.

Happy Holidays to All!

TaylorO
Old 22-11-2019, 08:50   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcattales View Post
I forgot to include the manufacture date on Cat Tales. She is a 1996 model.
Lots of money for an old timer.
Arthurwg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, privilege