Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2018, 17:43   #1

Boat: 48' Pilothouse
Portland Pudgy Dinghy w/Sailing Kit & Exposure Canopy

Portland Pudgy with Sailing Kit & Exposure Canopy

$3100 or Best Offer. Cash only

Cost new is $6,685 for boat with sailing & exposure canopy options

See Pudgy website for details: Dinghy | Lifeboat | Yacht Tender | Sailing Dinghy | Portland Pudgy

"A rugged, unsinkable dinghy you can row, motor, sail, and even use as a lifeboat. The Portland Pudgy safety dinghy makes boating even more fun, by making it safer.

The Portland Pudgy (7′ 8″, 128 lb., USCG-approved as a rowboat and motorboat for 4 people) is designed and manufactured (in the USA) to be an exceptionally rugged, stable, unsinkable boat. Its pram shape allows it to fit on the deck of many cruising sailboats."

For Sale is my beloved pudgy. I love this trusty, stable & sturdy little boat.

As a 5'2" female and first time boat owner, I looked far & wide for a dinghy that was super stable, light enough for me to physically handle when stowing, yet big enough for me, the dog & my bicycle or a couple of guests. This little boat met all of my expectations and more. She's bombproof.

This roto-molded boat is unsinkable. The hull is extremely tough - I regularly hauled it onshore and never had to worry about deep gouges affecting its longevity or durability.

Pudgy is easy to handle. She's lightweight and there's a small wheel on the center stern which makes maneuvering this boat on land or deck a breeze.

The Pudgy also tows very, very well and the bridle I had made is included with purchase.

For short distances I would row the pudgy, but I also purchased a longshaft Torqueedo electric motor (not included) which provided excellent & quiet propulsion.

BTW, all of the pics are of me & my friends having a blast with Pudgy. We've set shrimp & crab pots, rowed, sailed and towed each other around from Puget Sound up into Desolation. This boat has been generously used but is in great condition.

Other stuff:
- 4 lifting eyes installed
- Towing bridle included
- Qars included
- Sunbrella cover included - designed for davits but I used it for a deck secured setup
- Bailing pump

Want to come and see her?

We can meet at Liberty Bay Marina in Poulsbo WA.

LBM is NOT the downtown Poulsbo marina.
It is on Fjord Drive, just past Lion's Park & the Yacht Club at:
17791 Fjord Dr NE.
Poulsbo WA 98370

$3100 or best offer. Cash only.

With much Pudgy love,
Mary

Info from the website:

The Portland Pudgy safety dinghy is ideal to row, motor, and tow. It tracks perfectly and moves along nicely with a small motor.

The Pudgy is extremely buoyant and has huge carrying capacity, both in the roomy cockpit and inside the storage compartments in the double hull.

The oars pull apart and stow through the transom hatch. There's 12 cubic feet of interior storage within the walls of the hull. The Portland Pudgy (7′ 8″, 128 lb., USCG-approved for 4 people) is designed and manufactured to be an exceptionally rugged, stable, unsinkable boat.

"We put the Torqeedo motor on it yesterday and tooled around in a 5 knot current and 20knot winds...We were able to cruise at 5mph with two adults wide open, 4 mph at half throttle. Amazingly, cruising through white caps, we remained dry." Jeff G., Nottingham, NH.

While the Portland Pudgy safety dinghy is a self-rescue boat, with its sail kit, the Pudgy is a fun sailing dinghy!

Unlike inflatable boats, the Portland Pudgy safety dinghy is a joy to row. Because the Portland Pudgy is so stable, rugged, and tracks so well when rowed or motored, it's also a great boat for fishing and hunting.

All of the accessories, oars, sail kit (including telescoping mast and boom), safety equipment, fishing gear, lunch, beverages, camera and tripod, and more, can be stowed inside the double hull, via the five watertight hatches.

Keywords: yacht tender, rowboat, sailboat, sail boat, dinghy, dingy, sailing, pudgey,
Old 24-05-2018, 18:00   #2

Re: Portland Pudgy Dinghy w/Sailing Kit & Exposure Canopy

That is a great price!! I bought my pudgy last year Darn!!!!!!!
Old 24-05-2018, 18:21   #3

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

I know that many folks like the Pudgy, and that it meets some dink requirements well.

BUT, calling a <8 foot dinghy that weighs 127 pounds a lightweight is a bit off IMO.

Jim
Old 24-05-2018, 18:58   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

That's the best ad I have seen for a Pudgy. Well done!
Old 25-05-2018, 08:31   #5

Boat: Mariner 31 Ketch

PM sent
Old 28-05-2018, 21:34   #6

Boat: 48' Pilothouse

Thank you for your interest and the positive comments regarding my post. The Pudgy has been sold.
Mary

Tags
sailing, dinghy, sail, portland, portland pudgy