Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2017, 15:52   #61

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'
Re: Plan on Selling the Ugly Duckling Soon.

On Monday a gent stopped me and asked if there were any boats for sale and I directed him to you. He seemed very interested, but after the fact I realized I hadn't asked if he was looking for power or sail. I'll keep on asking people. For the price, Ugly Duckling is a lot of beautiful boat. Good luck.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 18:06   #62

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
Thought I had it sold but I think it was going for a resale, and the guys Surveyor nit picked his way through every inch of the hull. 🤡 He tried to talk me down 15K. Of course it's not perfect! It's 37 YO. 🤔 But try to buy a newer one with as much new gear/rig as this. And a hull as strong!

I could sell it for parts for as much as I'm asking. Any one want ALL the parts?

hard to believe.
Old 26-07-2017, 20:19   #63

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
On Monday a gent stopped me and asked if there were any boats for sale and I directed him to you. He seemed very interested, but after the fact I realized I hadn't asked if he was looking for power or sail. I'll keep on asking people. For the price, Ugly Duckling is a lot of beautiful boat. Good luck.
Thanks! Every thing helps. If it's not sold by mid October, it goes on the hard for the winter. I'll be in the Philippines for 5 months.
Old 26-07-2017, 22:38   #64

Boat: Snipe, Roughwater 41, and Islander 36

I just forewarded Ugly Duckling's info/your posting to my nephew and two of his friends. They have been looking for a great boat like yours'.
'Best,
C Lady
CLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 03:33   #65

Quote:
Thought I had it sold but I think it was going for a resale, and the guys Surveyor nit picked his way through every inch of the hull. �� He tried to talk me down 15K. Of course it's not perfect! It's 37 YO. �� But try to buy a newer one with as much new gear/rig as this. And a hull as strong!

I could sell it for parts for as much as I'm asking. Any one want ALL the parts?

Sorry the deal didn't workout! However it sounds the a GREAT surveyor. I would want him to nit pick every inch of a boat I am about to buy. That is why people pay a stupid amount of money for a surveyor. I hope your health improves and I hope someone who will enjoy the boat as much as you finds her.
kmartind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 07:18   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLady View Post
I just forewarded Ugly Duckling's info/your posting to my nephew and two of his friends. They have been looking for a great boat like yours'.
'Best,
C Lady
Thank you!
Old 27-07-2017, 21:16   #67

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartind View Post
Sorry the deal didn't workout! However it sounds the a GREAT surveyor. I would want him to nit pick every inch of a boat I am about to buy. That is why people pay a stupid amount of money for a surveyor. I hope your health improves and I hope someone who will enjoy the boat as much as you finds her.
Well, there's different types of nitpicking everything.

If it's solely to drive down the purchase price, that's not always helpful.

If the buyer isn't educated, it will probably really do nothing but scare them.

If the buyer understands that it's a boat, there will always be a long list of little things that should get some attention, but really none (hopefully) of those things are actually really meaningful - it's a great service.

But there are times when a nit picking surveyor ends up scaring an inexperienced buyer out of buying what really is a very good boat at a very fair, even very good price.
mogulskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 19:18   #68

Hello Sir;

If this has not yet sold, where are you located.

I understand it is very difficult to swallow the anchor.

Very Respectfully

Lem
MatthLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 20:06   #69

Hello Lem

This post was from several years ago. The Ugly Duckling was sold. Sorry, I'm sure you'll find the boat you want. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2021, 00:33   #70

Boat: Cabo Rico 38

Del your boat is lovely but I already have one. I’m 64 and was having shoulder. problems six months ago. Bone broth helped.
DocBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:39   #71

Yep! It’s gone. Sold it in Aug. 2017 to a Swiss gentleman who lives in Japan and travels the Pacific for business. I sailed it with him down to San Diego. It only took 10 days from Blaine, WA.

While there, I connected him with a guy that built a solar platform behind the arch. He added solar panels. Then in December, he sailed it to French Polynesia, where he keeps it with a native friend that lives on one of the small Islands. Haven’t heard from them since Dec. 2019. But it’s almost where I intended for it to go. Just a different country.

What a change in life style now. Have gained 10-15 #s, no thanks to COVID. Working on THAT now.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:52   #72

Quote:
Yep! It’s gone. Sold it in Aug. 2017 to a Swiss gentleman who lives in Japan and travels the Pacific for business. I sailed it with him down to San Diego. It only took 10 days from Blaine, WA.

While there, I connected him with a guy that built a solar platform behind the arch. He added solar panels. Then in December, he sailed it to French Polynesia, where he keeps it with a native friend that lives on one of the small Islands. Haven’t heard from them since Dec. 2019. But it’s almost where I intended for it to go. Just a different country.

What a change in life style now. Have gained 10-15 #s, no thanks to COVID. Working on THAT now.

Glad to hear of your update Del - I think that extra 15 pounds was assigned to all of us.... Take care.

« Fleming | Surveyors »