Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2019, 12:59   #16
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Looking for a cat

This one is worth a serious look at just over half your budget.. Leaves a good bit in the bank for upgrades you may want like watermaker etc..
Built in Holland so should be quality work.

https://m.apolloduck.com/boat/nimble/568171

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 14:03   #17

Boat: Baba 40
Re: Looking for a cat

We have s 9 year old Maine Coon we’d be interested in selling for the right price...
Sailshabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 14:31   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailshabby View Post
We have s 9 year old Maine Coon we’d be interested in selling for the right price...
hahaha; a fluffy tabby eh? What does crab pot bait go for there?
MickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 15:08   #19

God bless you, and buy lots of life insurance.
conchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 18:17   #20
Marine Service Provider

That's USD 140,000 right, not Rand? Just kidding, beautiful country, great people. I own an Robertson & Caine Leopard PowerCat. Did own half interest in an R&C sailing cat. I've looked at other brands but all had some features that I don't care for.

The new Leopards also have a few design issues I'm not fond of but that's what they got from their new design firm. Some things, like square corners on the interion furniture and cabinetry, that goofy looking foredeck lanai, which they call a "forward cockpit," looks like a giant water scoop if you burry a hull and don't get the main off quickly and sail-drives, which should be outlawed for everything but racing boats.

Long live Gino.
jmschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 20:54   #21

Boat: 2002 Admiral 38 Catamaran

And don’t be afraid to make a low offer. I just bought a cat for $140,000 US The asking price was $180,000. I made about 6 different offers all very low. Some did not respond some came back with still high prices. Deals are out there if you try.
ebisucapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 21:52   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaden View Post
Thanks so much - I have taken a look and messaged the owner directly - will wait to hear back from him.
I cant tell from the listing if still available or not - your time to reply is most appreciated
Unfortunately the boat was sold a year ago
Old 03-01-2019, 21:55   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisucapt View Post
And don’t be afraid to make a low offer. I just bought a cat for $140,000 US The asking price was $180,000. I made about 6 different offers all very low. Some did not respond some came back with still high prices. Deals are out there if you try.
Thanks so much - great to hear first hand that there are deals out there! We totally understand that we will have to search long and hard but prepared to do that in order to hopefully get what we want. Yay! there is hope
Old 03-01-2019, 22:00   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschmidt View Post
That's USD 140,000 right, not Rand? Just kidding, beautiful country, great people. I own an Robertson & Caine Leopard PowerCat. Did own half interest in an R&C sailing cat. I've looked at other brands but all had some features that I don't care for.

The new Leopards also have a few design issues I'm not fond of but that's what they got from their new design firm. Some things, like square corners on the interion furniture and cabinetry, that goofy looking foredeck lanai, which they call a "forward cockpit," looks like a giant water scoop if you burry a hull and don't get the main off quickly and sail-drives, which should be outlawed for everything but racing boats.

Long live Gino.
Hi Gino - yes, that would have to be US$ The exchange rate is a real issuebut not giving up on the dream - we will get there
The Leopard is beautiful, we really love the older ones but would definitely look at the others makes too.
Happy sailing
Old 03-01-2019, 22:04   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augi View Post
Not sure if this 2006 Lagoon 380 Owners Version(Atlantis) is still for sale. If it is, it has been for sale a long time. The owner's name is Mark. He was and maybe still is looking for only a private sale(with no broker). I recall he said he would consider excepting a smaller mono plus cash in a trade.

https://dorinza.com/vehicles/boats-s...on-2006_i12308

He put up a videos on youtube for awhile about living on board Atlantis (see link below).

Other than that to go most anywhere other than north towards Belize and the Yucatan you have to work your way east against the prevailing wind, Rio Dulce would be a good place to start your adventure. Rio Dulce is protected from hurricanes, has a good cruiser community, a number of boat yards that do work at reasonable prices and some allow you to work on your own boat, West Marine has an outlet there, marina prices are reasonable and it is possible to anchor out for free. Guatemala City has excellent medical and dental care available for low prices.
Thanks for the lead but just got a reply - the boat was sold a year ago.
Old 03-01-2019, 22:45   #26

teaden, how handy are you? How willing are you to take on a project? What is the maximum scope of work you would accept?

Along the west coast of Florida and again in the Gulf of California (Sea of Cortez) Mexico there are a number of cats that are within your range. It is just that all require some assembly at various levels. Taking on a project would open up your market.

Sorry, I don't have links. Some I saw on Craisglist, others from word of mouth.
Richard5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 23:14   #27

A few Cats within your price range here in OZ. Gumtree is similar to craigslist. The last one is a deceased estate with 200hrs on the motors and probably won't last long. Come and have a look, lots of ex SAfers and Rhodies around the country.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydn...-95/1204184979

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-sail-bo...0028?sort=rank

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melv...ran/1204496930

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/redc...012/1203937460
MickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:10   #28

Hi Teaden.
I Have a 35ft Wildcat docked in Durban if she is of interest to you? Just had both engines rebuilt this month. Category A certification. Please reply on forum or email vmulder@venturenet.co.za for more info on the yacht.
Regards
Ballie
Ballie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:39   #29
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Privilege 37 just came on the market.
http://www.catamaransite.com/Privile...or-sale-2.html
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:03   #30
Cruiser