Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2018, 14:46   #1

Boat: Sunbird 32
Fiberglass Samson C-Mist 32 double ender project in So Cal $3999.

I have recently “re-inherited” the boat I sold last year. The buyer unfortunately fell on hard times, and gave it back to the boat yard , who , in turn has asked me to see if I can help sell her.
Here is my listing from last year … the boat has not been touched since I sold her. I inspected her last week , and other than some water in the bilge …. She is in the same condition as when I sold her.
Quite an amazing project IMHO.
Asking price $3999.
Feel free to call or email with any and all questions.
Thanks
Jon
650 701 6452

Thanks for looking! Up for grabs is this stunning , fiberglass , Samson C-Mist 32 project for sale.
She is a rugged , Colin Archer / Westsail type Norwegian Double Ender. Full keel with a cutaway forefoot. Fully encapsulated ballast.
She was lovingly overbuilt by her first owner , who , unfortunately passed away before her completion. I bought the boat from his estate about 8 months ago.
I was told that he may have been an employee of the Westsail factory in the 70's. It would make sense , since this boat very closely resembles a Westsail 32….only way , way better. (IMHO)
I used to own a Westsail 28 and a 32, this boat is built better , much roomier , and is an absolute piece of wood making art inside.
She is also the only C-Mist I've heard of that is built of fiberglass and not Ferro Cement. Her hull is approximately 1 inch thick in most places. Extremely well done.

About the boat:
Samson C-Mist 32
LOA 32'2
LWL 27'6
Beam 11'2
Draft 5'
Displacement 18,750 lbs.
Sail Area 601 sq. ft.
Berths 6

This is a project. The hull and interior are finished , basic wiring installed . All of the incredible woodwork is done with SOLID hardwoods. No veneers anywhere. She is a work of art. There are inlaid wood mosaics all over the boat.
She has huge , integral fuel and water tanks. I am guessing at least 100 gallons each.
TONS of storage.
All foam for cushions is cut and just needs to be covered.
The tiled galley has two ice boxes …my guess is that one was for a fridge and one a freezer.
While I have owned her , I've done the following:
1.sealed up 3 holes in the hull that I deemed un-necessary
2.cleaned up years of dust
3. installed a top of the line Groco , Bronze Seacock for the galley sink drain
4.installed a bunch of interior hardware: latches , drawer pulls etc
5. cleaned and prepped the engine room for an engine. it is READY.
6. resealed the ports. you can see in the pics …there was a little bit of water leaking over the years ..but all of the wood is SOLID.
7. installed some of the brass lighting fixtures

This boat is CLEAN and NEW inside…a real stunner.
She is a BEAUTIFUL , comfortable floating home.If I were to keep her, I would install a prop shaft , put her in the water , and live aboard while completing her.

She needs: ( and does not come with)
motor and related equipment installed
mast , sails and rigging

She comes with:

A very nice , Aluminum,un-used boom
a Perkins 4-108 short block ( condition un-known …I was told it was rebuilt years ago )
a bunch of brand new , top quality hardware , Cleats , hinges , cabinet fittings etc etc.
a beautiful inlaid wood desk top for the navigation desk ( the only part of the interior NOT finished)
the original build plans
enough brand new Navtech turnbuckles to rig her as a Cutter (over $3000. on their own!)

The boat is sitting on a custom made adjustable steel cradle. Very stable. You can park the boat in your backyard if you like and then sell the cradle when you launch …it is worth a few thousand to the right person.

The lazarette is a propane locker … that drains overboard
The cockpit floor is removable …engine maintenance and installation will be EASY.

Also included is a pickup truck tool box. I have been using it to keep tools and supplies in …. its yours!

She is in a boat storage yard in Gardena , California. The monthly rent is $341. The owner of the yard also owns a yacht transport company which is good for a few reasons:
1. He can move the boat if you like
2.It is the PERFECT place to "make a mess" while you finish your dream boat
3.They have TONS of old , spare boat parts lying around: masts , storage containers full of sails , anchors etc etc etc. Very Nice people. They may even let you live on the boat while you are working on it. I have spent many a night there over the last few months.

Feel free to message me or call: 650 701 6452 with any and all questions, or to schedule an appointment to see the boat.
email: lazystar@aol.com for more pictures

Surveys welcome.

thanks and GOOD LUCK!

answers to a few questions:

the hull is 100% fiberglass. The hull and cabin are fully insulated . The head area is a fiberglass molding as well…with a built in shower pan in the floor and an unused area beneath that appears to be planned to use as a gray water sump.
Ballast IS installed and fully encapsulated…so, I can't be certain what it is. My guess is lead …because the boat is built so well …and the bilges are deep …so lead is obviously more dense as well.
lazystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 20:25   #2

Re: Fiberglass Samson C-Mist 32 double ender project in So Cal $3999.

Hi Jon, very interested. would like to come see her. I am a truck driver. Over the road. based in Riverside...don't know when ll be back. probably within the month. Matt Johnson irawelder@gmail.com (207) 502-0895. need to find slip and refinish her. any suggestions? my home is currently Phoenix. will immediately relocate to So Cal.

Thanks, Matt
Mattjohnson207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 10:10   #3

Boat: Sunbird 32
Re: Fiberglass Samson C-Mist 32 double ender project in So Cal $3999.

Hi Matt,
I think we spoke on the phone? If not ... feel free to call 650 701 6452
thanks
Jon
lazystar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, fiberglass, project, samson