Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2018, 16:38   #1

Blue water boat wanted will trade investment

Have Blockchain investment with present value of approx 270k CAD would consider to trade all or partially for the right blue water livaboard sailboat. What’s out there???
Gotagonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 16:49   #2

Boat: Cape Dory 31
Re: Blue water boat wanted will trade investment

Just an observation.....why not convert your investment to cash and purchase what you want?
Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 16:56   #3

Sent you a private message.

Stan
sailful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:03   #4

I have Jack-Links to trade for a boat....
blakeonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:07   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Jim View Post
Just an observation.....why not convert your investment to cash and purchase what you want?

It would just be much easier to buy a boat out of country for me this way.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:10   #6

Boat: Farrier F9A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotagonow View Post
It would just be much easier to buy a boat out of country for me this way.
Also, great way to avoid taxes it seems...
vonderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 06:58   #7

Anyone else here had issues cashing out their crypto?

I've had several issues when Its been time to cash out and yet to see any money......
blakeonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 10:21   #8

I have had the crypto for over a year, I have not tried to cash out yet. Block chain. Technology is in its infancy and will revolutionize every single thing we do. It is complicated at this point to acquire and hold but here in lies the opportunity countless multimillionaires have been created from this technology solution to date. I have no intention of getting out of block chain investing as I have already increased value of holding about 600%. I would recommend everyone reading this to look into the technology. I do not believe in currencies like bitcoin ( other than for the purpose of acquiring other block coin tokens) because you threaten the government control. But this is a boating form so that’s all I wanted to say.
Old 19-04-2018, 10:37   #9

Boat: Valiant 40

I don't think you're going to get many takers if you don't specify whether you have Bitcoin, Etherium etc.

It's not hard to buy blockchain currencies. It can be hard to sell it however. I doubt you're going to get many offers given the value is going to vacillate while you negotiate the deal. If I was selling my boat I'd want hard currency. Trading it for crypto would be like trying to catch a falling knife.
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 10:48   #10

Hey I just threw it out there, Yes they fluctuate the value would be looked at if a deal agreed to. I have been looking at boats for a couple years to find the right boat, what I do see is the same boats all for sale, boats do not sell quickly, so this is a option for someone that just wants out of owning a boat, Blockchain is only going to gain traction and increase in value, boats on the other hand devalue everyday you own it. So it’s an option for me as a buyer and to a seller that wants to get out of ownership. If someone is interested I will see what kind of boat they have I’m not giving up my crypto investment just to get into owning a boat it would have to be a boat I really want, my crypto is going to continue to gain value and I’m more than happy to continue to own it. If someone has true interest I will provide a full list of crypto tokens owned.
Old 19-04-2018, 10:58   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
I don't think you're going to get many takers if you don't specify whether you have Bitcoin, Etherium etc.

It's not hard to buy blockchain currencies. It can be hard to sell it however. I doubt you're going to get many offers given the value is going to vacillate while you negotiate the deal. If I was selling my boat I'd want hard currency. Trading it for crypto would be like trying to catch a falling knife.

For the average person with out a lot of computer experience I respectfully disagree it is somewhat complicated to acquire multiple different types of Blockchain investments to buy and store. It is getting easier as the technology grows and more market cap is invested. The global investment in Blockchain is $355,366,072,642 so there would have to be a lot of very stupid people out there investing in Blockchain technology if it did not have a future.
Old 19-04-2018, 11:09   #12

Boat: Valiant 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotagonow View Post
For the average person with out a lot of computer experience I respectfully disagree it is somewhat complicated to acquire multiple different types of Blockchain investments to buy and store. It is getting easier as the technology grows and more market cap is invested. The global investment in Blockchain is $355,366,072,642 so there would have to be a lot of very stupid people out there investing in Blockchain technology if it did not have a future.
No one said it did not have a future. Right now, it's highly volatile and if you disagree with that, well then you're just not paying attention. And the last thing a person without a lot of computer experience needs is an investment that they don't know how to get rid of when they need to lmao.

i assume you're trying to work around capitol gains tax by aiming for a trade. I'm not saying no one will bite, but if they are smart they will find a way to protect themselves in how the transaction is structured.
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 11:15   #13

All good! I’m not trying to argue any points, my offer is out there and if somebody has interest we can look at terms as they present themselves.
Old 19-04-2018, 11:42   #14

Boat: Knysna 440

Can you elaborate on which coins you are holding?
Lonestaralaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 11:50   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonderlust View Post
Also, great way to avoid taxes it seems...

Similar to the way all the elites and people in government who created the tax laws own offshore bank accounts?

Tags
blue water, boat, men, trade, wanted, water