Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2018, 09:25   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Bahia, 46ft cat
Alu mono 38ft. Ocean,fully equipped.500Watt.Decksalon.New sails&rigging&low hours eng

My husband and I sailed from Europe to New Zealand and liked the living aboard so much that we decided that we wanted to continue living on a boat and find a way to to make that happen. We made the (hard) decision to sell our loved boat that we completely outfitted as good as possible for our trip. Reason is that we need more space since our two big dogs are going to come with us this time (on our 2-year journey they stayed home) and we want more space to offer to our family and friends.

Really everything is great for cruising:
  • Totally self-sufficient with 500 watt solar panels and a solid electrical system
  • Watermaker
  • Low hours engine
  • New sails and rigging
  • Parasailor
  • Very good reception and transmitting with shortwave radio (we received a price for having the best radio from all the radio net controllers)
  • Jordan series drogue (especially made for this boat)
  • New Rocna anchor with 50 meters of the highest quality duplex anchor chain which performs even perfect in the hot water of the tropics.
  • Lots and lots of space for storage because of the dry bilge (which makes a perfect wine of beer-cellar) and the decksalon
  • Decksalon so you are not in a cave but can see all around you when inside
  • High quality build. Built by a German engineer with a lot of eye for details, we are the second owners and upgraded everything.
  • Insulated hull, double windows (I'd say suitable for tropics as well for high latitudes)
  • Tiller steering
  • Easy access to engine from engine room + from interior (well insulated for noise/heat)
  • Very new dinghy + outboard. Roomy, hard floor and 9.8 HP so good to plane with 2 people
  • Many extra's, this list is not nearly complete!!!
  • Everything needed is on board, you can hop on and sail away
We are the second owners and we upgraded/renewed everything.

The boat is located in New Zealand in Opua, the lovely Bay of Islands. Perfect for sailing around New Zealand and then taking of to the tropics. It's only a little more than a week sailing to gorgeous places like Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, and so on.

Price: around 85.000 EUR Which is very low really but we are in a hurry. We hope to find a nice loving new owner for this boat soon.

Seriously interested? Send me an email.

Cheers,
Ilona

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omweg parasailor abeam-k.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	166608   Click image for larger version

Name:	omweg interior-wide_K.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	166609  

Name:	omweg cockpit table.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	166610   Click image for larger version

Name:	omweg cockpit to stern.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	166611  

Name:	omweg interior to stern pilotberth.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	166612   Click image for larger version

Name:	omweg abeam.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	166613  

Name:	omweg dry bilge.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	166614   Click image for larger version

Name:	omweg twin keel skeg rudder.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	166615  

Name:	omweg cockpit to bow.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	166616   Click image for larger version

Name:	omweg engine engineroom.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	166617  

Name:	omweg engine.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	166618   Click image for larger version

Name:	omweg galley.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	166620  

Ilona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 09:41   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Alu mono 38ft. Ocean,fully equipped.500Watt.Decksalon.New sails&rigging&low hours

Howdy!

What a beautiful boat you have! Outstanding!

Your description is very good. But, it would probably help others if you mentioned some specifications about your boat and a few more facts most boat buyers will want to know. Here are a few suggestions (I may have missed these facts up above):

1. LOA (it is only shown in the title, and may be missed)
2. Draft
3. Air Draft
4. Year Built
5. Designer of Boat (Naval Architect)
6. Where built? By whom (building yard)?
7. Layout (plan drawing, as it is an uncommon boat)
8. Your email address (you asked to have potential buyers send you an email, but I did not see the email address in your Original Post)

NOTE: you will not be able to add these details to your Original (top) Post, because the forum software will time out. But you could add them in comments below.

There is so much that looks great (ideal) in your boat that I will leave it to others to enjoy the very good photos and your good description.

I imagine the next owners will be very happy with your boat. I know I would be!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 10:38   #3

Boat: Boatless at the moment
Re: Alu mono 38ft. Ocean,fully equipped.500Watt.Decksalon.New sails&rigging&low hours

Most answers can be found here;

http://www.omweg-op-zee.nl/en/specifications.html

(Bilge keel???)
Old 18-03-2018, 11:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
Howdy!

What a beautiful boat you have! Outstanding!
Thanks!!

Quote:

1. LOA (it is only shown in the title, and may be missed)
2. Draft
3. Air Draft
4. Year Built
5. Designer of Boat (Naval Architect)
6. Where built? By whom (building yard)?
7. Layout (plan drawing, as it is an uncommon boat)
8. Your email address (you asked to have potential buyers send you an email, but I did not see the email address in your Original Post)
You are right, thanks for your friendly comments!
  1. LOA 38 ft
  2. Draft 1.35 meters
  3. Height Apr. 15 meters
  4. Built 1999
  5. Designer Reinke (type S11)
  6. German engineer, in Poland (hull) and the Netherlands (interior)
  7. See pic
  8. I'm not going to post my email address here, many spam-bots will find it but people can send me a pb and I guess this will be sent to my email?
Thanks again and cheers,
Ilona

Old 18-03-2018, 11:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Most answers can be found here;

About Omweg

(Bilge keel???)
Haha yes, that's right!!

BIlge keel indeed. Great for low draft + very good for beaching. They are asymmetrical keels and this helps quite a bit for the windward performance.
Old 18-03-2018, 12:00   #6
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

If someone wants to send you an email, they can do so by looking for it under the drop down menu below your user name and avatar on the left of each of your posts.

If viewing CF with a smartphone or tablet, simply touch the user name and hold to see the drop down menu. It works when the user has provided an email in their CF Profile. Not all do.
Old 18-03-2018, 12:25   #7
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

This boat is close to my idea of a dream boat, for me as a single or couple, who wants to go exploring far off, and if based in tidal ports of the U.K. Or elsewhere, whenever drying out is a possibility, it has bilge keels.

It is fully equipped, nicely finished, and very low priced for what you get, considering the aluminum hull and recent gear, engine, etc.

I like the interior and everything I see, more and more as I look at it. It is very well equipped.

With the money you save, if you buy it, I will be happy to help you sail it back to the UK, or USA or to Australia or on a half or full circ!

I really wish I could get for myself.
Old 18-03-2018, 13:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
This boat is close to my idea of a dream boat, for me as a single or couple, who wants to go exploring far off, and if based in tidal ports of the U.K. Or elsewhere, whenever drying out is a possibility, it has bilge keels.

It is fully equipped, nicely finished, and very low priced for what you get, considering the aluminum hull and recent gear, engine, etc.

I like the interior and everything I see, more and more as I look at it. It is very well equipped.

With the money you save, if you buy it, I will be happy to help you sail it back to the UK, or USA or to Australia or on a half or full circ!

I really wish I could get for myself.
There's someone from England who said he's keen on buying her but sailing her back is a problem for him. Can I ask you what your price is to take her to England from NZ? You can respond in a personal message if you prefer?
Old 19-03-2018, 00:37   #9

Boat: Currently Boatless!

I have to agree with Steadman. She is a very nice and incredibly well-equipped boat. A tad on the small side for me though almost perfect in every other way. Good luck with the sale - she'll make someone very happy indeed...
Old 19-03-2018, 01:03   #10

Boat: Alloy Peterson 40

Its not very often you see such a perfectly practical and well equiped boat. It looks like you could step aboard and take her anywhere on the globe.
Old 19-03-2018, 07:20   #11
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Alu mono 38ft. Ocean,fully equipped.500Watt.Decksalon.New sails&rigging&low hours

She is indeed a lovely boat and I imagine a pleasure to sail.. love the bilge keels
Hope you find an appreciative buyer for her soon.
Maybe you should contact Tillsbury who started this thread.. he's shopping for a nice boat.. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2597010
Best wishes..

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:22   #12

Boat: Telstar28

I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell me where you obtained your arch from? It looks one if the best installations I have seen for solar, wind etc.
Thanks very much.
Douglas
doelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doelli View Post
I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell me where you obtained your arch from? It looks one if the best installations I have seen for solar, wind etc.
Thanks very much.
Douglas
Thanks!! My husband had this brilliant idea and it indeed works awesome. He designed it and an engineer made the calculations and an aluminium welder welded it. I love it as well :-)

We almost always have the two solar panels out and only slide them inwards when a storm is coming or when we're in a tiny marina.

But, next time, we would skip the wind generator because even though we have an MPPT controller, I think it costs us more than it delivers (most of the time) because of the shadow.

And the radar could better be in the spreaders. But well, even like this we're incredibly happy with the power the solar system delivers. Even in the tropics (where it's warm and where the sun is down already at 6pm), we had plenty solar energy. Enough for bread baking in an electric bread baking machine (very handy), good fridge, daily boiling of 2 liters of water with an electric cooker, use of microwave, use of tosti-grill, making water, having all the equipment running and so on. It's all possible and saves quite a bit of gas! Of course, it's only possible when weather is reasonable sunny, on overcast days you just don't use the microwave

Tags
deck, rigging, sail, sails, salon