Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2019, 16:47   #16

Boat: Bavaria 50 Cruiser
Re: 40-45ft looking for Beneteau, Hunter, Catalina, bavaria

Benes and Bavarias are found in the mediterranean (Croatia, Turkey) pretty cheap.

You have to be comfortable to buy a production boat ex charter, no owner configuration and probably a refit necessary. These boats are 10-12 years old and have seen more or less regular service.....

-Richard
Topspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2019, 15:41   #17

Boat: Beneteau First 456, 14m

Re: and 40-45ft looking for Beneteau, Hunter,Catalina,Bavaria

We have a Beneteau 456 for sale. This model was designed and built for ocean passages. It has all the gear needed for offshore sailing including the comforts of living aboard like 5.5 kg front loading auto Samsung washer, solar panels, 240 volt inverter 80 litre per hour watermaker and 2.5 kw generated. It is listed on page 9 in classified section under Beneteau ocean going yacht. I would be chappy to crew with you or deliver to you in Aus. PM. If you are interested.
piedamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 14:15   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Sun Kiss 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingAussie View Post
Really interested in this length and ideally a 3 cabin layout.

I am zeroing in (i think) on the Beneteau 400 circa early to mid 90’s and our budget is no more than $80k.

Pls help!
Hi
I just found below link;

https://www.cosasdebarcos.com/barco_...965564565.html

In the MED you will find a lot of them and, good bargains.
If you need any help I am based in Cartagena, Spain.
Good Luck, Regards
Salva
Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 05:00   #19

Boat: Pearson 365 and Jeanneau 371

I have a very well maintained 37’ 6” ‘95 Jeanneau 371 for sail in your price range. It is in the Carribean.
piloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 07:50   #20

Hi,
Our Beneteau 45F5 is very unexpected for sale. For all the details please visit the website what we made special for her https://beneteau45F5.com
Rudy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2019, 10:55   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I can speak highly of a Hunter 410 having lived and cruised full time on mine the past 2.5 years. Owned it for 8+ years and still like it and have never had an issue with any part Hunter built

I’ll expert part of the discussion to the ........ others
Hey~ looking to buy a 2001 410- with the SS radar arch upgrade- are there any issues I should look into? I’ll be a full time liveaboard
Sofa King Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 14:50   #22

Man~ people do like trashing Catalina’s it seems. I shopped long & hard & now own a 2000 C 42 Mk2. Several have circumnavigated with the only upgrades being running backstays & a larger fuel tank. Already has a water maker on board. Heavier than most production boats of this length too. One must realize, 40-50 years ago, people sailed the globe in far inferior vessels to what we have available now. That plus the ability to monitor long range weather forecasts makes this ‘Not Blue Water’ argument benign. It’s more about the sailor & the planning than the vessel.
Sofa King Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 08:10   #23

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King Fishy View Post
Man~ people do like trashing Catalina’s it seems. I shopped long & hard & now own a 2000 C 42 Mk2. Several have circumnavigated with the only upgrades being running backstays & a larger fuel tank. Already has a water maker on board. Heavier than most production boats of this length too. One must realize, 40-50 years ago, people sailed the globe in far inferior vessels to what we have available now. That plus the ability to monitor long range weather forecasts makes this ‘Not Blue Water’ argument benign. It’s more about the sailor & the planning than the vessel.
Yes, it's laughable. I've just crossed the Atlantic on my C470, that makes the 3 big oceans done, it's a fast , strong ,comfortable boat.

When I push people to back up their opinions ,they have nothing, when I ask them to describe the mast step, the rudder set up,what the keels made of, etc etc they know zero......it's incredible how people with absolutely no knowledge of the actual boat have a confident opinion.

I had one bloke tell me to watch the mast step as they rot out, I'm not sure how this happens as there's no wood in there..lol. another guy with an absolute piece of unseaworthy crap tell me my boats not a Bluewater boat, that was 2 oceans ago.

It's not just Catalina's ,it's boat knowledge in general,lots of experts in this field that know very little.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 13:03   #24

Why you don’t look toward Elan ? It’s a very good boat.
Karafox8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 03:43   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karafox8 View Post
Why you don’t look toward Elan ? It’s a very good boat.
I read the thread and was about to say exactly this! We're after an Elan (smaller, a 384 most likely) but have previously sailed an Elan 45 Impression. Great boats.

We've also been in the Med/Adriatic recently and talking to a number of people in the marine/charter/nautical industrywho all speak very highly of the Elan range, with Benes and Jenes after that but caution against Bavarias interestingly...

I'm also told that whilst Elan don't seem to have an owner's association, they will speak directly with owners, have a large stock of spare parts and are very helpful.
bellasailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bavaria, beneteau, catalina, hunter