Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 11:26   #1

Boat: CHB, 1981 Trawler, 41'
28' Skipjack Family/OffshoreFisher $15,000

I have a 28' Skipjack great offshore fishing vessels or family boat. Sleeps 4 in two rooms. Can sleep more but in a rigged way. Sleeping bags on deck. It is sitting on a $10,000 triple axle trailer w/brakes that is like new. The vessel has (2) 350 hp marine inboard engines by Indmar. The guy said it could go 50mph. A flybridge with Rocket launchers, radar, GPS, (Toilet new ceramic) Fridge/stove. I paid $27,000 a year ago. Never got to use it. Apparently it was sitting on the trailer at the home of guy that ripped me off as I did not ask to start the engines or a sea trail. It looked great and her got me. Unfortunately I was not able to use the boat for quite a few months then I took it down and the one motor would not start, anyway that motor is no good. My mechanic said to replace it cheaper and faster. He thinks it was sitting on the trailer with the plug in the stern and it rained and got water into that motor and teh batteries must have been dead so the bilge must have not worked. I have been very busy with so many things and there it sits. I have found new & rebuilt Indmar engines on ebay for $2300 to $2600 just take old one off and out on the new one all the Indmar parts will work. I don't have time and my mechanic is in his busy season now down here in the Palm Springs, CA area so he has no time either. Ok, so I need it gone. I'm 77 and have too many things going on. Get it ready for the new fishing season coming soon. May consider trade for car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1978-Skipjack-28 - 4.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	139442   Click image for larger version

Name:	1978-Skipjack-28-3.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	139443  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1978-Skipjack-28-Flybridge.jpg