Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2011, 09:52   #1

Boat: Still Looking
R&C Leopard 47 PowerCat

Hi All

I am new to this forum and just love it. I am looking to buy a multihull and while i was in Spain i stopped at a few ports. I saw a Robertson Caine Power Cat there and spoke to the person on board. Unfortunately he has had problems with the boat and warranty issues. He informed me that it was a 2008 model. My question is why hasn't the shipyard fixed the warranty issues. He also told me that the shipyard might buy the boat back.

Has anybody had an experience with this yard? I asked him to give me the hull number. If the shipyard buys back the boat they will fix it and then try to sell it to a poor soul not knowing what they have bought. I saw some of the cracks and bubbles he had on the boat. He was kind enough to give me the surveyors report. I would be hesitant to buy the boat or to deal with this specific shipyard due to there lack of fixing the boat. I like the look of the boat.

I am still trying to decide to either buy a Sail Cat or a Motor Cat. I would love to hear from the other members and get some good advice on what to buy and from whom to buy.
Sailingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 06:40   #2

Re: R&C Leopard 47 PowerCat

Dear Sailingman,
I read your piece on the R&C Leopard 47 Power Cat and am interested in your comments. Please can you email me on rob@yachtbrokers.co.za
I am also keen to see if we can help you in your search for the correct boat.
Kind regards,
Rob.
(princess64)
princess64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:51   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 43 & S2 6.9
Re: R&C Leopard 47 PowerCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingman View Post
I am still trying to decide to either buy a Sail Cat or a Motor Cat. I would love to hear from the other members and get some good advice on what to buy and from whom to buy.
The way I look at it, a mot cat gets you a bit more speed. But you can motor a sail Cat. You can't however sail a motor cat.

So in my opinion a sail Cat gives you the best of both worlds.
maytrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leopard, ramp