Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Leopard Catamarans, Robertson & Caine
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2015, 19:52   #46

Re: Leopard Sail Cat Owners - Please Share Your Experiences and Opinions

Heath, are you still looking at a Leopard? I'm about to put our beloved 47 on the market. Let me know if you would be interested. You won't find a more equipped boat ready to circumnavigate or enjoy the islands.

Richard
rnehrboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 19:47   #47

Boat: 2009 Leopard 37 Powercat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath68 View Post
I found your post from 2012 asking for comments about Leopard cats. It doesn't look from your profile that you went with it. Is this because you found aspects of it you didn't like or preferred on another cat? or was it that you shelved the idea?

The reason I asked is that I am looking for information on them to make a purchase decision.

Regards

Heath

Hello, Heath. In June, I bought a Leopard 39 powercat out of Moorings charter, and am very happy so far. Big part for me was they brought the boat to the U.S. and paid the duty ahead of time, so I didn't face that hassle, and also got the advantage of stateside surveyors and good repair facilities in Ft. Lauderdale. Don't think I would have bought directly out of BVI or Marsh Harbour.

I'd be happy to help with your questions.

David Hughes
M/Y True Love
2009 Leopard 37PC

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
David Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:36   #48

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnehrboss View Post
Heath, are you still looking at a Leopard? I'm about to put our beloved 47 on the market. Let me know if you would be interested. You won't find a more equipped boat ready to circumnavigate or enjoy the islands.

Richard
AAargh! Sorry I didn't mean to be rude... that's what happens when you think your reply was posted using a dodgy connection with an app on a phone.

I had a look at the 47, beautiful boat, in all honesty I'm waiting for either part of my business to sell or our beach house in Thailand before I'll be in a position to put pen to chequebook. Both are on the market at the minute. I have however saved details should I be in a position to press the big green button.

Regards and best wishes
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:41   #49

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hughes View Post
Hello, Heath. In June, I bought a Leopard 39 powercat out of Moorings charter, and am very happy so far. Big part for me was they brought the boat to the U.S. and paid the duty ahead of time, so I didn't face that hassle, and also got the advantage of stateside surveyors and good repair facilities in Ft. Lauderdale. Don't think I would have bought directly out of BVI or Marsh Harbour.

I'd be happy to help with your questions.

David Hughes
M/Y True Love
2009 Leopard 37PC

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hi David, I know the 48 forgot to take the diet pills (over the 47) and because of this is likely to be a little sluggish but wanted to know what cruising couple (original posters.. ps hope I'm not hijacking thread) thought about theirs if they did indeed buy one.

I am happy enough knowing what I'm getting with Leopard and think it is a good make. As you have a powercat though I'm not sure you would have the answers I'm looking for.

Thanks for the offer and if you DO know, please PM me so I'm not robbing the thread.

Heath
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leopard, sail