Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Leopard Catamarans, Robertson & Caine
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2011, 14:01   #16

Re: Bridgedeck Clearance on 43' - 47' Leopard

Thanks all. May be fair to that that it seems that the older Leopards have the lower clearance but the modern model (the 46) is much, much better? The first of these are now just coming out of charter, so I'll keep an eye on prices. I reckon as more become available they will come down in price; they're still quite expensive second hand.
toby24b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 15:46   #17

I've been following all about this bridge deck issue on older catamarans..I am looking into buying one myself but am limited by finances and inclination to voyage 43 (norseman) , leopard 43 or 45 all pre 2003 .From what I can tell there is a consensus that the older designs (pre 2004) by simonis all suffered from "low" bridge deck clearance. This appears to apply to both the voyage line and the early robertson caine's . It seems reccomendations are at least 6% of LWL. Trouble is I cant get anyone to tell me what the bridegdeck clearance is on the old Voyage Norseman or the leopard 43 , 45 . Can any provide me these numbers ? Also, when it is a problem? Only heading to windward (when ANY boat is least comfortable) or in big seas. If not racing in extreme conditions (per Richard Woods experience) and generally picking pleasant cruising condtions is the slamming still a problem and is it similar on both the voyage and the leopard?
grymkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:50   #18

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

I've been researching this issue lately and I found in my very old edition of "Sailor's Mutihull Guide" the Norseman 430 specs say the wing deck clearance (I'm assuming this is the same as bridgedeck clearance) is 2'2" or 650mm.
Doodles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck, leopard