Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2018, 11:18   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Casamance 46
Potable water avail in Roseau, Dominica?

Water maker no worky... wanna press on to Dominica but not sure I can get water there... anybody in Roseau?

Cheers & fair winds!
verb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 02:15   #2

Boat: Heritage West Indies 36
Re: Potable water avail in Roseau, Dominica?

This is old info but since nobody else has commented yet it might be worth something. In 2008 there were lots of taps around the streets with beautiful crystal clear water running from them and (cold) showers by the beach that didn’t even have taps on them and just ran constantly. We drank it. Didn’t die.

If I remember correctly there was some guy called ‘Suki’ who seemed to own everything from a chandlery to ice machines and petrol stations. He also had a dock in Roseau where you could fill up from a hose, but it was untenable in any kind of swell as the surge would cause all sorts of problems while alongside. Great water all over the island though, and such a beautiful place! Spent two months there. Loved it.
DefinitelyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 03:53   #3

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40

Last I heard, there is water in both Roseau and Portsmouth... We were there in November and even though there wasn't even power on the island, Marcus still had ball available.

Personally.. I would stay in Portsmouth instead of Roseau. Roseau was damaged MUCH more than Portsmouth and is still rebuilding and there is not much available. Portsmouth is pretty much back up and running for cruisers.
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 14:21   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Casamance 46

We ended up stayin in Roseau and had a blast.... water was avail but I didn not need as I filled up prior to arrival .... still some infrastructure issues but Dominica is definitely open for business and we had an amazing time ... very impressed with the locals & the stunning beauty of the island. Do not hesitate to go to Dominica !!
verb88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Dominica, water