I want to move our boat from Guatemala
before the northers start. I need some sort of date for crew. I also need to be prudent for their sake at least so I am thinking of the date of the last recorded storm that started in that area, Nov. 23rd. Even with a 5 day forecast
being a reach this time of year down there you could play with things if it looked all clear and sunny. If it came to it, there is a storm hole in Belize
and another on the NW tip of Cuba
I need to sell this plan to my wife who won't be there but was there for an early Nov passage
Ida popped up right behind us in just 2 days. Thankfully she does know that northers seem to start at the end of hurricane
season so you need to get north as soon as possible. If you don't it can take forever, waiting, a week here a week there. I want to do the whole trip in something like a week or so. One of the reasons she won't be along she is more of a cruiser type.