Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2019, 12:20   #1

Boat: 44ft mono hull
Predict wind not downloading latest forecast

Hi all

Looking for some advice on predict wind. I download forecasts through my iridium go and over the last week have noticed that I'm not getting the most up to date download. Instead I recieve the forecast from the previous day. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if so if there is an easy solution?

Many thanks for any advice recieved
Olly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 13:03   #2

Location: Occasionally in Colorado. Generally live-aboard. Eastern Caribbean for the upcoming season. Nova Scotia and Newfoundland again next summer.
Boat: Antares 44i
Re: Predict wind not downloading latest forecast

Interesting. Do you have it set up to pull departure planning and possibly have the wrong date on your device?
dougweibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 13:42   #3

Ive just tried the departure planning with a departure in three days time, and then sopt forecast and also offshore grib and they are all downloading gribs that are now 21 hours out of date.

The computer time is correct, and Im downloading both through the web and also the Iridium, but cant find any other settings in Predict wind other than on the departure planning page to check/change......
Old 28-09-2019, 14:24   #4

Location: Occasionally in Colorado. Generally live-aboard. Eastern Caribbean for the upcoming season. Nova Scotia and Newfoundland again next summer.
Boat: Antares 44i

You are using PredictWind Offshore, correct? I assume so since you mention Iridium.

I just did a download (web) for departure planning and everything seemed normal, so I'd guess it is on your end rather than their servers. I've never seen it happen. Do you have another device with PW-O on it you can try to see if it is a setting on the first device or something that affects your account with PW?
dougweibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 08:26   #5

Boat: Lagoon 400

I do not know if this is what is happening to you, but I had similar problem last year. I have found the problem cause to be old version of the application. Once I have got hold of the latest/current version all troubles were solved.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:59   #6
MJH

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly75 View Post
Hi all

Looking for some advice on predict wind. I download forecasts through my iridium go and over the last week have noticed that I'm not getting the most up to date download. Instead I recieve the forecast from the previous day. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if so if there is an easy solution?

Many thanks for any advice received
I have never used Predict Wind but interested in them for a future voyage but have you bothered to call Predict Wind customer service for their assistance?

I don't understand folks coming to the forum when they haven't first contacted the product company.

~ ~ _) ~ ~ MJH
MJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 10:54   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH View Post
I have never used Predict Wind but interested in them for a future voyage but have you bothered to call Predict Wind customer service for their assistance?

I don't understand folks coming to the forum when they haven't first contacted the product company.

~ ~ _) ~ ~ MJH
It was Sunday and I'm in the back end of Tonga with no phone signal. Other than that you made a very good point.
Old 29-09-2019, 12:46   #8

Boat: Oyster 054
Send a message via Skype™ to sailian89

We have had great response from emailing predict wind, believe it’s support@predictwind.com
sailian89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 13:31   #9

So had a very quick response from predict wind, they suggested to delete all the old downloads and then restart.

Bonza, problem solved. Many thanks for all the other responses and advice.

Tags
forecast, loa, wind