Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 13:36   #1
cruiser

Grand Solar Minimum Effects on Cruising yacht community

Hi Cruisers and "intending to Cruise" dreamers.

The issue of the Grand Solar Minimum Sun Cycle came up for me recently, as an "intending to cruise dreamer" myself.

No doubt you are all familiar with the news medias fake news about the Global Warming, which they have, in full embarrassment toned down to Climate Change... [ You can search global warming hoax and find plenty to read.]

To add injury to that insult, it seems the media and Globalist Agenda is to NOT inform the mass population about the GSM we are in, whose effects can be seen already in northern Latitudes and Europe, bar the sprinkling of extreme heat events along with it.

Peer reviewed and extremely detailed scientific evidence compiled by a few who focus on these sun cycles, have established all the evidence on them now, going back a few thousand years. Ref Maunder minimum ice period.
See Videos by Adapt 2030 on you tube if you need to polish up your info.
If you have a scientific mind look up the videos on it eg" GSM Zharkova"etc, the scientist on the cutting edge of this research.

This GSM we are approaching is dated as 2020 to 2055. ie 35 years of very cold.
They talk about people migrating out of Canada as it will be too cold for human survival, and they mention the global food production areas being hit hard by unseasonal and wild variations of weather events, such that before long, our global food production area will be about one third the size it was last year.

Adapt 2030 states that there will be wide starvation and predicts a loss of population of 2 billion souls...

So, given that most of us plan to cruise in warm waters, and like to be able to buy food, and fuel, since the boat provides none, except some fish, I'm wondering what will happen to the yacht markets, and the Cruisers who expect to be able to tie up at a port and go buy some food?

Apart from that query, I am most pleased to upset the Globalist eugenics agenda by informing as many of you as have open minds, about this event on our doorstep.

I was going to say, before you comment from zero information, read some data, so you spare us all from reading trivial drivel, and then you can contribute some worthwhile considered thoughts.

Thanks!
Happy Daze,
Jeff
Old 02-08-2019, 13:52   #2

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: Grand Solar Minimum Effects on Cruising yacht community

So how long before this thread gets shut down?
Old 02-08-2019, 13:53   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Jeff in all honesty the coming grand solar minimum will have little actual effect on most of us full time cruisers

There are many threads on here that cover the climate change issues associated with the coming grand minimum.
Old 02-08-2019, 13:55   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
So how long before this thread gets shut down?
hi bob well that depends on who shows up and how soon they start the usual name calling . I give it 12 pages :-):-):-)
Old 02-08-2019, 14:06   #5

Boat: Newport 28

Considering the first page of search results have been articles on countless scientific websites (NASA, etc) and not News sites, and they all predict a similar cycle, and a generally weak cycle 25 for activity starting a few years out. Furthermore, most also agree that we are not in fact heading for a Maunder or Dalton type deep minimum that would be what your post is referring to, saying there is no indication that it will be of that nature.

All I've found from reputable sites so far, are statements saying that a Maunder minimum event would slow global warming temporarily during the duration, which would pick back up afterwards. But they're simply saying yes, THAT kind could, but that's not what's coming this round.

The only post I found at all that references those, is an article mis-using NASA's report forecasting a weaker cycle, and using it to theorize that NASA is implying it'll lead to a Dalton minimum. As of yet (admittedly, I've only read a dozen or so articles since I saw this), I have not found any collaborating report to suggest that as truth. Instead, it's like saying "Well, NASA says it's going to be a cooler weekend, so they must be implying it's a new ice age!" And, even reading the effects that such an extreme minimum would have, it does not even come close to entire regions being subject to freezing to death. That's the movie called Day After Tomorrow. None of the current data by the scientific population that I've found has given any actual basis for this worst-case scenario you've posted.

When you have people that use fear-mongering instead of actual data and science, it's just spreading mis-information and in today's social media environment, and how people take facebook posts as gospel, it just escalates a non-issue and causes panic from those not willing to double-check.

EDIT: I should add, that this person is David DuByne, and this is basically his "claim to fame". Note, there are no initials after his name, nor any education background that's readily available. Take it as you may, but I'll listen to the scientific community at large, over one person's conspiracy theory.
Old 02-08-2019, 14:11   #6

Boat: 2004 Steber 2200 Persuader

After 30 years of a well oiled machine spitting out hate and falsehood in order to shift political power to the left, and resources towards energy production that is completely and utterly non viable but for the massive subsidies stolen from our tax money ... you have today entire generations of people who have never heard anything but "carbon footprint" "reduce emissions", "renewables" and a string of other nonsense.

30 years and many millions of biased and prejudiced people whose livelihood depends from the falsehood that CO2 is "pollution", and that this need remediating with wind turbines and solar panels, not to mention that coal is a product of satan, the inertia of this status quo will take another 10 years to fade even if today those scientist who know for a fact this to be so, risk their employment by speaking up.

It equates the times the church ruled supreme and the earth had to be the center of the universe.
Eppur si move ... yes and don't bother telling me that Galileo did not say this. You were not there so you don't know.

I hope I live enough to see someone prosecuted and jailed for promoting an industry that is fake, based on a lie who's only benefit is to harvest votes and make money from otherwise non viable products.
Old 02-08-2019, 14:15   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
After 30 years of a well oiled machine spitting out hate and falsehood in order to shift political power to the left, and resources towards energy production that is completely and utterly non viable but for the massive subsidies stolen from our tax money ... you have today entire generations of people who have never heard anything but "carbon footprint" "reduce emissions", "renewables" and a string of other nonsense.

30 years and many millions of biased and prejudiced people whose livelihood depends from the falsehood that CO2 is "pollution", and that this need remediating with wind turbines and solar panels, not to mention that coal is a product of satan, the inertia of this status quo will take another 10 years to fade even if today those scientist who know for a fact this to be so, risk their employment by speaking up.

It equates the times the church ruled supreme and the earth had to be the center of the universe.
Eppur si move ... yes and don't bother telling me that Galileo did not say this. You were not there so you don't know.

I hope I live enough to see someone prosecuted and jailed for promoting an industry that is fake, based on a lie who's only benefit is to harvest votes and make money from otherwise non viable products.

while you are right about the outcome it is based to correct science based on the IPCC's terms of reference for the studies . In other words they were and are under rules as to what they can study and that is specifically limited to anthropogenic sources . ( man causes )
they are not allowed to even consider the natural forcings. .
Old 02-08-2019, 14:24   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

What a strange world we live in We hedged our bets and fitted a wood burner in the house 5 years ago. Just in case we got that one wrong, the outside of the house is painted white to reflect the heat.

Meanwhile and far more important is what's the weather doing this weekend and can we go sailing

Pete
Old 02-08-2019, 14:37   #9

Boat: 2004 Steber 2200 Persuader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
What a strange world we live in We hedged our bets and fitted a wood burner in the house 5 years ago. Just in case we got that one wrong, the outside of the house is painted white to reflect the heat.

Meanwhile and far more important is what's the weather doing this weekend and can we go sailing

Pete
You can always paint the house black
But you can not change the weather, despite the generosity of our governments who toss libations to appease the gods, in the form of billions of our money as subsidies every week.

It is what it is. Animal farm comes to mind.
Much better to plan for a weekend on the boat.
I hope you can finally detach yourself from the leeches in Brussels.
Old 02-08-2019, 14:43   #10

Boat: Rafiki 37

Ah yes, I too choose to believe a bunch of poorly written nonsense about how climate change is a 'hoax' while ignoring the historical record, literally high-school level physics and thousands of signs that it's happening. Because it's all a hoax that benefits this shadowy cabal of generic scientists, NASA, Al Gore and the Deep State

Anyone who doesn't 'believe in climate change' is willfully ignorant at this stage - the basic underlying causes are incredibly simple to understand (you can run some simple heat-trapping experiments at home), the satellite data regarding temperature/ice loss/sea level acidity is all there to look at, the local effects are already happening almost everywhere you look and almost all the contrary 'sources' have funding tied directly to energy companies. In fact one of the PR companies doing it used to work for the cigarette companies defending second hand smoke.
Old 02-08-2019, 14:45   #11
cruiser

Hi Charles0,
best you read Zharkov in full before you come to a conclusion.

This is a GRAND solar minimum.

It WILL be severe.

So at some stage all the hip shooting people with "my opinion is.." without any research, will have to at some stage face the temperature outside is below zero, and the supermarket is empty..

Some deny the Sun too, but it doesn't bother the sun.

This is why I added the drivel footnote, but some people one cant help.

David dubyne is commentator, not a scientist. Whats helpful from him is the ideas in how to cope.
Zharkova tells in excruciating detail all the cycles involved in the sun and all the magnet effects, and truth be told most of you wont be able to comprehend it anyway, but Dubyne breaks it down in to what to do yourself in the approaching years,

My thread QuerY was how do you Cruisers see this affecting you, and how will you cope.
It wasn't a call for individuals to start questioning the validity of the data which is WAY BEYOND QUESTION NOW.
Old 02-08-2019, 14:48   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post

I'm sorry, are you arguing that CO2 and methane DON'T trap heat in the atmosphere? Is that what you are saying? I just want to be clear here.

(also you realise that subsidies given to fossil fuel industries far far FAR outstrip any renewable subsidies right)
Old 02-08-2019, 14:49   #13
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistymountain View Post
Hi Charles0,
best you read Zharkov in full before you come to a conclusion.

This is a GRAND solar minimum.

It WILL be severe.

So at some stage all the hip shooting people with "my opinion is.." without any research, will have to at some stage face the temperature outside is below zero, and the supermarket is empty..

Some deny the Sun too, but it doesn't bother the sun.

This is why I added the drivel footnote, but some people one cant help.

David dubyne is commentator, not a scientist. Whats helpful from him is the ideas in how to cope.
Zharkova tells in excruciating detail all the cycles involved in the sun and all the magnet effects, and truth be told most of you wont be able to comprehend it anyway, but Dubyne breaks it down in to what to do yourself in the approaching years,

My thread QuerY was how do you Cruisers see this affecting you, and how will you cope.
It wasn't a call for individuals to start questioning the validity of the data which is WAY BEYOND QUESTION NOW.
actually you should read Valentina's work again the grand minima is not expected to begin in till approx 4 years after the cycle 25 solar maximum in 2025 . If you would like I can send you a copy of her works . Or the works of Dr Willie so in as well .
Old 02-08-2019, 14:52   #14
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alctel View Post
I'm sorry, are you arguing that CO2 and carbon monoxide DON'T trap heat in the atmosphere? Is that what you are saying? I just want to be clear here.

(also you realise that subsidies given to fossil fuel industries far far FAR outstrip any renewable subsidies right)
actually carbon monoxide has nothing to do with ghg but I'm sure you ment methane .
As far as subsidies the disparity is not as far apart as you would think . There is less than a 30% difference . Between them
Old 02-08-2019, 14:53   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistymountain View Post
Hi Charles0,

Sorry could you quote your sources please? Like can you link to the paper on this?

Nothing I've read even suggests that we are heading for a Maunder or Dalton type solar minimum (not sure what a GRAND solar minimum is)

Tags
cruising, solar, yacht