Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2015, 07:11   #31

Re: East Coast Weather Bomb

I turned on the news this morning to see what the final snowfall was. There was a general overall attitude the storm was over-hyped. One reporter on CNN seemed to be throwing other stations under the bus saying weather forecasters have a tendency to overreact. CNN hyped the storm just as much as the rest.

It seems TV stations and politicians have been highly criticized about how they reported or responded to the storm, in New York City especially.

But from what I saw on Marine Traffic, if you were on or close to the water, it was rough.
Old 28-01-2015, 07:54   #32

Boat: Catalina 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Mor View Post
I turned on the news this morning to see what the final snowfall was. There was a general overall attitude the storm was over-hyped. One reporter on CNN seemed to be throwing other stations under the bus saying weather forecasters have a tendency to overreact. CNN hyped the storm just as much as the rest.

It seems TV stations and politicians have been highly criticized about how they reported or responded to the storm, in New York City especially.

But from what I saw on Marine Traffic, if you were on or close to the water, it was rough.
Guess this might be true of some areas but in Massachusetts this storm wasn't overhyped. We had the most snow in Boston in January and the most snow in Worcester ever in a single storm.
Old 28-01-2015, 07:58   #33

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Authorities were cautious because of the storm in Buffalo a month ago. Many people were trapped in their cars on the freeways for up to 2 days. The thing is if there is a travel ban in effect it makes it so much easier to clean up after a storm as they don't have to worry about vehicles stuck in snow drifts on the streets. I think they did the right thing as no one knows ahead of time just where it will track, how fast it will pass and how much snow it will dump on the cities.

New Brunswick got dumped on but the authorities there had to scramble in the midst of the storm as they hadn't really prepared.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 09:00   #34
CLOD

Boat: none

wasn't overhyped at my house and I don't care about NYC getting off easy
Old 29-01-2015, 05:13   #35
Marine Service Provider

Yes and the national news has nothing better report than the balls in an NFL playoff game maybe intentional deflated. So at least the storm is a bit of real news. Hope everyone came through ok.
SevenSeasU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, weather