Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2014, 01:01   #1
Marine Service Provider

Wauquiez Centurion 42

We are nearing the end of our Atlantic circuit cruise. Our Centurion 42 is for sale, fully refitted (2012/13) for blue water cruising and ready to go. She is in the Caribbean until end of season, but can be delivered to Western Europe or other location (to be negotiated).

Check out the DIY Yacht Broker link below for pictures and specifications.

Wauquiez Centurion 42 (1986) - Do-it-yourself Yacht Broker
Jort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 14:34   #2

Boat: Cheoy Lee 47 CC
Re: Wauquiez Centurion 42

You bet I do. My first wife could burn through 150 gallons in 2 days even with my cranky suggestions. When I married a second time I found a much more compatible mate so it's not as much an issue but still with two boys our water maker is a huge convenience. It was on the list when we bought our latest boat, it needed some repair but is well worth it. This ones a 220v model run off the generator so it's more efficient than a12v run off the motor. Of course if water is available we fill the tanks but it sure is good to have it. We also have 150 gals in tankage so it's not needed every day.
In the case of buying a boat with an existing system it's not necessarily going to increase the price of the boat but would be a different decision if adding to an existing boat. Depends on your needs and wants. If it keeps the Admiral happy it's worth it to sweeten the cruising deal. I've done plenty of bohemian traveling in many countries and don't feel the need to totally rough it at this point. I've proved my resilience too many times already while living in primitive conditions don't feel the need to at this point,especially when it doesn't add too much weight to the boat.
lifeofreilly57 is offline   Reply With Quote