Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2015, 12:18   #1
Marine Service Provider

Thumbs up Spade Anchor offers CrusiersForum.com members a discount.

Spade Anchor has recently become a sponsoring vendor at CrusiersForum.com.

To celebrate we are giving CrusiersForum.com Members a 10% discount on all new anchor purchases.

This is rare for Spade Anchor as it is the first discount offered to forum members of any kind.

Please call 321-409-5714 or email Alex@SpadeAnchorUSA.com to receive the discount.

In the very near future, Spade Anchor will be sponsoring a contest for CruisersForum.com members only. We would LOVE to hear suggestions for the type/style contest you as members would prefer. Please post any/all suggestions on this thread.

Thank you
Spade Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 13:38   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Spade Anchor offers CrusiersForum.com members a discount.

Free shipping to any of the 48 Continental states. Now until Dec 27th. 2015. Spade anchor would like to wish you a happy holiday season and help kick off the new year with a Spade Anchor by offering free shipping to the lower 48.
Old 18-12-2015, 16:37   #3

Boat: Tayana 47

I have a Spade anchor that came with the boat when we bought it, but on the bottom, the galvanized metal that forms the triangular shaped pocket to hold the lead weight in place is rusted right through in a couple of places, but from the top, the anchor looks fine with just normal wear and tear and a little surface rust, and it still works great, always sets very easily and never drags. I suspect that the cause for the rust damage in this one area is that water sits in the portion of the pocket that is not filled with lead whenever it is on my bow roller, but the rest of the anchor quickly dries off. Is this something that can be repaired or is it a throw-away? I've been planning to replace it but am reluctant because it seems sort of too bad to throw out such a great (and expensive) anchor when the rust holes don't affect its performance, but I really don't want an anchor with rust holes hanging from my bow roller either. I figured that between shipping such a heavy item 2 ways, removing the lead, welding in new material, re-galvanizing and then replacing the lead weight, the cost would be so close to a new anchor, that I might as well just replace it. Do you have a reconditioning or repair facility available that would be able to advise me about the feasibility and estimated cost of repairing the area of the rust holes if I sent them some pix, or should I just throw it out and buy a new anchor? Thanks!
jtsailjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2015, 06:04   #4
Marine Service Provider

Please send some pictures of the anchor to Alex@SpadeAnchorUSA.com. After reviewing I can determine if the anchor has damage that is covered under the Lifetime Warranty.
Old 22-12-2015, 12:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade Anchor View Post
Please send some pictures of the anchor to Alex@SpadeAnchorUSA.com. After reviewing I can determine if the anchor has damage that is covered under the Lifetime Warranty.
First, I had no idea that Spade anchors actually had a lifetime warranty until Alex mentioned it in this thread. I just happened to see his first post and since I didn't know who else to contact at Spade, and I felt like I needed to either repair or replace my anchor, thought he might know of some place where I could have repairs made. He surprised me by asking to see pix of my anchor, so as he requested, yesterday I sent him a couple of photo's of my anchor I took with my cellphone and he has already replied, telling me that the rust damage on my anchor IS covered under warranty, and for me to send him my rusty anchor and he'll send me a new one. WOW!

I don't know how to post pix on this site but for anyone wondering about the rust damage I encountered, it was in the galvanized steel of the pocket that the lead weight is poured into, located on the bottom of the anchor. There was no structural damage to either the shank or the fluke or the tip, and also no danger of the lead coming loose anytime soon. It just looked shabby with a hole rusted through the galvanized pocket and I also worried what my insurance company might have to say about me using an anchor with a hole rusted through any part of it IF I ever had to make an insurance claim stemming from an incident while anchored. Because the rest of the anchor is in such good shape and the serious rust is confined to this one area, I suspect that it was caused by many, many years of anchoring in the Caribbean where salt water would sit in this pocket once the anchor was in the bow rollers, with a new batch of salt water supplied almost every night. The rest of the anchor would almost immediately dry off in the sun but in this one area, the salt water would linger in place, and after "almost" a lifetime of use, corrosion inevitably developed.

Through long experience I've learned that there are many kinds of "lifetime warranty's" out there, especially in marine supplies where companies come and go at an almost alarming rate, but it seems that the Spade lifetime warranty is the real deal, an actual lifetime warranty that means just what it says! Thank-you Alex and thank-you Spade Anchors for standing behind your product!

Having used this anchor over the past two summers I was very happy with it's anchoring performance. It always seems to set right away and never drags at all and it easily comes aboard my bow roller and stays put. Most of my recent anchoring was done in Maine over this past summer and I even had good results in an area where my old CQR never would set due to heavy sea grass. I'm very happy that Alex took the decision about what anchor to replace my aging one with out of my hands. This kind of customer service sets Spade apart in a very nice way and I think that anyone else who happens to be considering what anchor to invest in might want to take that into account as they make their choice!
Old 23-12-2015, 09:03   #6
Marine Service Provider

Thumbs up Re: Spade Anchor offers CrusiersForum.com members a discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
First, I had no idea that Spade anchors actually had a lifetime warranty until Alex mentioned it in this thread. I just happened to see his first post and since I didn't know who else to contact at Spade, and I felt like I needed to either repair or replace my anchor, thought he might know of some place where I could have repairs made. He surprised me by asking to see pix of my anchor, so as he requested, yesterday I sent him a couple of photo's of my anchor I took with my cellphone and he has already replied, telling me that the rust damage on my anchor IS covered under warranty, and for me to send him my rusty anchor and he'll send me a new one. WOW!

I don't know how to post pix on this site but for anyone wondering about the rust damage I encountered, it was in the galvanized steel of the pocket that the lead weight is poured into, located on the bottom of the anchor. There was no structural damage to either the shank or the fluke or the tip, and also no danger of the lead coming loose anytime soon. It just looked shabby with a hole rusted through the galvanized pocket and I also worried what my insurance company might have to say about me using an anchor with a hole rusted through any part of it IF I ever had to make an insurance claim stemming from an incident while anchored. Because the rest of the anchor is in such good shape and the serious rust is confined to this one area, I suspect that it was caused by many, many years of anchoring in the Caribbean where salt water would sit in this pocket once the anchor was in the bow rollers, with a new batch of salt water supplied almost every night. The rest of the anchor would almost immediately dry off in the sun but in this one area, the salt water would linger in place, and after "almost" a lifetime of use, corrosion inevitably developed.

Through long experience I've learned that there are many kinds of "lifetime warranty's" out there, especially in marine supplies where companies come and go at an almost alarming rate, but it seems that the Spade lifetime warranty is the real deal, an actual lifetime warranty that means just what it says! Thank-you Alex and thank-you Spade Anchors for standing behind your product!

Having used this anchor over the past two summers I was very happy with it's anchoring performance. It always seems to set right away and never drags at all and it easily comes aboard my bow roller and stays put. Most of my recent anchoring was done in Maine over this past summer and I even had good results in an area where my old CQR never would set due to heavy sea grass. I'm very happy that Alex took the decision about what anchor to replace my aging one with out of my hands. This kind of customer service sets Spade apart in a very nice way and I think that anyone else who happens to be considering what anchor to invest in might want to take that into account as they make their choice!
Thank you! Spade Anchor is proud to stand behind our anchors and will always be happy to honor our lifetime warranty. With over 25 years in business we will be around to honor it. Thank you again.
Old 23-12-2015, 13:29   #7

Boat: Cape Dory 31

Quote:
Spade Anchor has recently become a sponsoring vendor at CrusiersForum.com.

To celebrate we are giving CrusiersForum.com Members a 10% discount on all new anchor purchases.

This is rare for Spade Anchor as it is the first discount offered to forum members of any kind.

Please call 321-409-5714 or email Alex@SpadeAnchorUSA.com to receive the discount.

In the very near future, Spade Anchor will be sponsoring a contest for CruisersForum.com members only. We would LOVE to hear suggestions for the type/style contest you as members would prefer. Please post any/all suggestions on this thread.

Thank you
The discount is a great idea. How long will this be in effect? The holidays are upon us now. It would be nice to take advantage of this offer once the seasons festivities have ended.
Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 13:47   #8
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Jim View Post
The discount is a great idea. How long will this be in effect? The holidays are upon us now. It would be nice to take advantage of this offer once the seasons festivities have ended.
Spade Anchor will be honoring the 10% discount to CrusierForum.com members for as long as CruisersForum.com is online.
Old 23-12-2015, 13:58   #9

Boat: Cape Dory 31

Quote:
Spade Anchor will be honoring the 10% discount to CrusierForum.com members for as long as CruisersForum.com is online.
Fantastic offer! Thanks!
Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2015, 05:39   #10

Boat: Tayan 48DS

What size spade anchor are you using on your Tayana and what are the other anchors on your boat?
svoasis48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2015, 06:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by svoasis48 View Post
What size spade anchor are you using on your Tayana and what are the other anchors on your boat?
I'm actually not sure what size Spade it was but it was either a S140 or S160. Due to the weight/windage of our center cockpit boat, I think the S160 is probably what I should have. We also have a Bruce with 20' of chain and 250' nylon on the other bow roller but never seem to use it. For now we're just cruising in Maine where the holding is almost always outstanding in think, gooey, clay-like mud so one good anchor properly set gives me all the peace of mind I need to sleep very well. Once in awhile we run into thick grass or kelp so the anchor has a hard time reaching bottom but the Spade seemed to dig down through that where my old CQR never would, I wouldn't even try to set the Bruce or Fortress in those conditions. We also have a Fortress that is disassembled and stored in a bag in the bag of a hanging locker.
Old 26-12-2015, 02:57   #12
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter

Quote:
Does this offer make it's way across the Pond to the UK?
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 06:49   #13
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by conachair View Post
Does this offer make it's way across the Pond to the UK?
YES! We are happy to honor this for all CruisersForum.com members anywhere on the planet.
Old 28-12-2015, 06:59   #14
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter

Quote:
YES! We are happy to honor this for all CruisersForum.com members anywhere on the planet.
Yay! Right, now all we need is for the wind to drop below gale force for a day and a half instead of an hour and a half, I'll pop over to Jersey and buy the boat an Xmas pressy. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:27   #15
Marine Service Provider

Spade Anchor is extending its Strictly Sail Boat Show Special to those of you that were not able to attend the Show.

For the next 2 weeks starting today, ending on 4-26-16. Call or email to receive 10% off of your Spade Anchor purchase and FREE SHIPPING to the 48 continental States.

(321) 409-5714 or Info@SpadeAnchorUSA.com

Tags
anchor, member, offer, rum