Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2015, 08:42   #571

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter
Re: Post the Worst "For Sale" Picture You've Seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletso View Post
Wow, that guy could have a really large nautical flea market all by himself! Just remember one guys junk is another's treasure. He must have the mother lode.
In 2008/9 we spent some time in Florida just south of Miami where there is a little place called Coconut Grove. Some of the liveaboards there were stacked to the top of the boom and if that wasn't enough they just rafted up another boat or two to hoard their treasure on.

But then, you can always find the parts you need in Florida.
Old 26-08-2015, 08:58   #572

Boat: 1979 Bristol 35.5 CB

twin keels, plus a forward blade, and it looks like a horizontal plate between the twin keels. Inboard AND outboard, best of both worlds...
Old 26-08-2015, 15:46   #573

Boat: Luders 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon123 View Post
The whole ad must be seen to be appreciated! (personally photo 3 is my favourite).

10 M Cruising Live Aboard Yacht Solar Self Sufficient NO $10KYR Marina Costs in QLD | eBay

Truly unbelievable. What i think is really interesting is all the stuff that has been "mounted" to the mizzen mast, it almost looks like there are three separate mast back there now, with at least two, could it even be 3 or 4 wind generators? (pics get pretty bleary when blown up). It even looks like mizzen mast and one of the added "masts" has climbing steps on it... Not so surprising I guess, since he has 3 separate ways to get up his main mast, provided he can climb over all the stuff to get to it.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-08-2015, 16:16   #574

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

I really, really, really want to know what galactic addresses are available to the shimmering transporter curtain in pic 6.
Old 26-08-2015, 17:52   #575

That text description reminds me of the classic ransom notes you see in TV and film where someone cuts letters and words out of a magazine.
Old 27-08-2015, 06:45   #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon123 View Post
The whole ad must be seen to be appreciated! (personally photo 3 is my favourite).

10 M Cruising Live Aboard Yacht Solar Self Sufficient NO $10KYR Marina Costs in QLD | eBay

For some strange reason I like that crazy boat. I wouldn't want to own it. But I like it. Must be getting eccentric.
Old 27-08-2015, 07:06   #577

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
Truly unbelievable. What i think is really interesting is all the stuff that has been "mounted" to the mizzen mast, it almost looks like there are three separate mast back there now, with at least two, could it even be 3 or 4 wind generators? (pics get pretty bleary when blown up). It even looks like mizzen mast and one of the added "masts" has climbing steps on it... Not so surprising I guess, since he has 3 separate ways to get up his main mast, provided he can climb over all the stuff to get to it.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Actually they are NSA/CIA spy equipment!!! Remember the old Russian spy trawlers?
Old 28-08-2015, 07:01   #578

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletso View Post
Actually they are NSA/CIA spy equipment!!! Remember the old Russian spy trawlers?
Please hold the NSA will be with you directly.
Old 07-09-2015, 20:23   #579
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I admit I have a fondness, or weakness, for steel boats. I find many of them appealing. But tonight I came across one, whose multiple photos made me think of this thread.

70 ft. Steel Yacht

I will post one photo to give an idea, but the others will give a better illustration of the term "rust bucket." (No offense meant if the owner is reading this.)

This boat is 70 feet long. There is extensive rust on exterior and interior surfaces. What caught my eye at first was the low fereeboard of this boat. It looks like it is sitting really low in the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	108605  
Old 07-09-2015, 20:30   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Hand View Post
I admit I have a fondness, or weakness, for steel boats. I find many of them appealing. But tonight I came across one, whose multiple photos made me think of this thread.

70 ft. Steel Yacht

I will post one photo to give an idea, but the others will give a better illustration of the term "rust bucket." (No offense meant if the owner is reading this.)

This boat is 70 feet long. There is extensive rust on exterior and interior surfaces. What caught my eye at first was the low fereeboard of this boat. It looks like it is sitting really low in the water.

You'd only need 60-100k to fix that puppy up!
Old 07-09-2015, 20:51   #581

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

"It was originally purchased as a project boat and has been loved and worked on for 12 years but we are not able to finish it."

If that is the result of 12 years loving work, just imagine what it must have been like 12 years ago
Old 07-09-2015, 20:59   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
"It was originally purchased as a project boat and has been loved and worked on for 12 years but we are not able to finish it."

If that is the result of 12 years loving work, just imagine what it must have been like 12 years ago
They may have loved what they were doing but just been terrible at it.
Old 07-09-2015, 21:15   #583

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40

Holy Jebus... If you mounted a gun on the front, it could be used as a destroyer!
Old 08-09-2015, 04:15   #584
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

What struck my eye were the photo dates. At first I thought the picture on the hard was "after" but I now realize it was "before".

What a heart break.

Someone, an elderly couple, tried to interest is in a commercial cruise boat they had operated for some years before hard times. We we not interested but in curiosity went to find the boat. We did, it was sunk with the only the uppermost roof protruding at high tide, against a bridge where the current had carried it.

Sometimes dreams die hard.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:38   #585

From the 70ft. steel yacht, I like the picture below. I imagine that the intent is to show the prospective buyer that the dock is just as dilapidated as the boat!

Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle, sale