Originally Posted by jreiter190
Can you mount them on a rail with a swing frame like wings?
I tried mounting solbian panels
on my rails. While it technically works, there are many reasons not to have large panels
mounted on the rails...
1) They have a very good chance of making contact with a piling or other structure when docking
2) When extended upwards, pump out boats here in florida
have a chance to come into contact with them
3) When down they block the view from the cockpit
4) When down the are big sails
5) Solbian panels are expensive and when mounted low are theft targets.
We ended up mounting them up on an arch. We lost
the ability to drop them later in the day to catch late day sun and early next morning sun.