Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 06:43   #46

Re: CT Owner Group

Hi, is it possible to get a copy of this prints? All expense paid of course. As I replayed earlier I'm looking at the boat that looks like CT 47. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3197.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	54462  
MarathonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59   #47

Boat: CT47 Ketch

Could be, lets look at a couple of photos to make sure...

First go to www.hekowisailing.com and look at the deck layout photos. You can actually steal the deck layout from there.

The shadow in your photo makes it hard to see the hull shape near the leading edge of the more or less 3/4s keel.

I measured the fiberglass pretty carefully on mine and came up with 46 foot 11 inches. The specs say 46 foot 11 and 3/4s, which I thought was a bit too too accurate, but maybe that was right...

You do have a different house top and some different hull ports aft, but deck molds can be swapped around, and I have a jig saw myself!

Hekowi has a modifed master suite after a fire, so we can't judge it that way...
dbraymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 06:10   #48

I found the original documents after I post my question.
This is LIBERTY type Delta 46, the luxury, high headroom, ketch rigged version of the proven Peterson Hull, had her interior design upgraded by H.S. Ives of Maine Cruising Design, Winterport, Maine and J.V. Reden of the Institute for Boat Design, Berlin. She was built in the SHIN FA yard by Delta Marine (Taiwan) for Delta Marine Gmbh, Berlin, Germany.

She is in medium condition: needs the exterior paint salon TLC I wonder where I can look for the information on this boat. I'm not very experienced in restoring big boats. My last one was Colambia 8.3. I had lots of good time on it on the Keys

thank you for you reply
Old 13-02-2013, 06:12   #49

Here is the similar boat on St. Marten Anho - Delta 46 Sail Boat
Old 13-02-2013, 06:46   #50
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

try leaky teaky yacht club group in yahoo groups. they have a lot of info and can find readily anything not already posted--i believe we have had some info posted on these boats. send an email to the leaky teaky yacht club linky in my signature to meet the other members and find info...
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 00:59   #51

Boat: catalina 38

Hi folks,
I have a CT41 that is a major restoration/ salvage job. I’m getting ready to return to this project and need to address the fuel tanks and the stuffing gland. On the fuel tanks I seen something about cold galvanizing. Has anyone something to share on this? I will be pulling them this spring to either coat them or replace them. The boat has been sitting for 14 years, evaluating them for their current condition is not difficult, I want to know how cold galvanizing will last in salt conditions.
The stuffing gland is another thing, the floor is completely open so visibility is not the issue, I just don’t see anything resembling a gland.
The only water this boat has seen recently has been on the inside so I do not know what condition it will be in but I want to replaced it with a dripless type regardless.
svphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:50   #52
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

avphoenix....you will receive ct41/formosa 41 specific words in the leaky teaky yacht club group in yahoo groups. address is in my signature. we have engineers and all kinds of weirdos with leaky teaky yachts in this yahoo email group. please come into our world and email a hello here is what i have message to us....most of the folks have rebuilt their boats and are more than willing to share knowledge. no arguments about how our bricks do not go to weather, either....makes a good supplementation to this forum for info.

they even have pictures...

btw---welcome to my world--i am refitting mine as i cruise.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 20:08   #53

well it looks as though there has not been any activity on this thread for 2 years. I'm just going to put out there that yes, i too have a ct-47. getting it ready for a circumnavigation right now. we are leaving from the caribbean.
are there any active threads?
Fuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 20:08   #54

Boat: CT 49 Fast Cruiser

I'm trying to post for the first time and having trouble. Here's another try
Seair49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 20:10   #55

Boat: CT 49 Fast Cruiser

We have a CT 49 in the SF Bay area. We've owned,lived on, raced, and cruised her for 12 years. Are there any others in SF Bay?
Seair49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 05:31   #56
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Fuego, & Seair49

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 16:33   #57

I have a ct49 in st Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands. Trying to install ssb and am wondering if these boats have a bonded ground. Anyone know.
gmetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 15:47   #58

Boat: CT47 Ketch

I do not know about all of the CT47s and 49s, but when I bought mine there was a breaker and some heavy gauge wiring appropriate for an SSB.

So I have one now. In my reinstall I discovered a bunch of 3 inch wide copper strips serving as grounding cable here and there and a lot of 10 gauge normal ground cables, and finally there is a grounding plate on the outside of the hull, 3/4s aft starboard and about 3 foot under water. I have a ketch 47, and I used a mizzen shroud for the antennae, and the reception seems pretty good, but I don't really know enough about SSBs to do much except listen to weather reports when way out at sea. But then that is something pretty important...

dbraymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 17:50   #59

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

I realise this is an old thread, but still alive by the looks of it. Like many others here, I like the traditional looks and feel of these Taiwanese/Formosian yachts.
I tried to find information on the CT 48, a design by Perry?
Any information is welcome.
thanks
hank
HankOnthewater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 18:02   #60

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

Actually Bob perry is a member of this forum…I have a ct48 from 78…I contacted him about her and he told me that he did not design her…but did do some modifications to her.
James S is offline   Reply With Quote