Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 17:30   #1

Boat: Antares 44i - Field Trip
Antares 44i Owner Information

I woud like to setup a way for us as owners and past owners to connect...and stay connected. Creating a sense of community as we progress in our Antares and sailing experiences. So, I will start this off, feel free to post as a reply your info.

Mark and Sarah Silverstein
2 Kids - Elizabeth (5) & Michael (3)
Denver, CO (sailing capital of US)

Boat Name: Field Trip
Hull: 4437
Email: Mdsilvers (@) me (dot) com
Blog: This is a test remote post | Field Trip (still WIP)
Current Location: Denver, CO
Plans: Get our boat in Aug/Sep when finished and sail to Brazil, Caribbean
mdsilvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 20:16   #2

Hi. I'm a wannabe Antares owner looking forward to learning all I can from those of you who own/have owned/want to own one of these fantastic boats. I've been interested in cats for years & keep coming back to the 44i when thinking seriously about a liveaboard.

About me (us)...

[B]Dave & Soon-to-be wife, Celeste[B]
Heber Valley, UT/Long Beach, CA

Boats Owned: Jeanneau 50DS (currently), J120, Cal 30, Catalina 25, Hobie 18
Home Base: The beautiful mountains of Utah
Home Port: Alamitos Bay, Long Beach, California
Plans: Cruise East Coast U.S., Caribbean, British Isles & Med

Hoping to visit the BA factory & reserve a position for a new 44i later this year.
Wawho22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 21:28   #3

Boat: In my dreams
Welcome to the club! And to Cruisers Forum!
Lexam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 11:28   #4

Welcome Dave! Glad to see you signing up. I have been to BA twice, and will be back soon. It is a really nice setup that Antares has down there.

Assume you plan on cruising with the kids. Suggest you look the port forward bunk configurations. We have 2 kids, and it is a great setup!

Will any of you be in Miami? I am heading there for the Thursday cocktails with Antares and then Friday.

Mark
Old 16-02-2011, 05:03   #5

Thanks Mark,

Yes, the 3 kids will be with us - 6 months at a time. The port fwd bunk will be a necessity.

Unfortunately I won't be in Miami. Work has me heading to Asia. Do you know if Antares will have a boat at Strictly Sail Pacific? I just noticed that the show is posted on the website.

Dave
Old 16-02-2011, 08:15   #6

Just found a recent video posted on YouTube featuring PDQ Antares "Stray Kitty" cruising New Zealand. Pretty cool!

Old 16-02-2011, 14:06   #7

Boat: Antares 44
checking in

Mark:
Good job on setting up the Owners Forum. We have Hull #4436 and I was just in Buenos Aires last week. Very exciting to see the progress. Here is our info:

Boat Name: to be named (very soon)
Hull: 4436
Email: neil.sullivan (at) thalhimer (dot) com

Current Location: Fredericksburg, VA.
Plans: We plan to begin our liveaboard life in Nov 2012. The boat will be ready late this summer and we plan to sail it to St Lucia for this winter...probably get down there a week per month as we are both still working. Then join the Atlantic Cup Rally in May 2012 from Tortola to Chesapeake Bay, near our home...fine tune the boat in summer 2012, then cast off Nov 2012 fpr points south.
CPIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 16:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawho22 View Post
Thanks Mark,

Yes, the 3 kids will be with us - 6 months at a time. The port fwd bunk will be a necessity.

Unfortunately I won't be in Miami. Work has me heading to Asia. Do you know if Antares will have a boat at Strictly Sail Pacific? I just noticed that the show is posted on the website.

Dave
Yes Dave there will be a boat at the SSP show.
Old 24-02-2011, 20:57   #9

Re: Antares 44i Owner Information

Hello Mark and Sarah,

My name is Ed Pratt, and we met briefly on Leap of Faith last weekend. We have three kids Greg, Meredith and Ben, two dogs a golden and a black lab, both love the water but who knows on a cat. We have hull 4448. Hope to be in the water by 2013 depending upon how the boats splash. My wife and I are both physicians, she a pediatrician and I am a spine surgeon... thus the name of our boat (for now) "Pairadocs". Thanks for setting up this forum. I hope it leads to solid contacts as we all move into a new phase.

Ed
Pairodocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairodocs
Hello Mark and Sarah,

My name is Ed Pratt, and we met briefly on Leap of Faith last weekend. We have three kids Greg, Meredith and Ben, two dogs a golden and a black lab, both love the water but who knows on a cat. We have hull 4448. Hope to be in the water by 2013 depending upon how the boats splash. My wife and I are both physicians, she a pediatrician and I am a spine surgeon... thus the name of our boat (for now) "Pairadocs". Thanks for setting up this forum. I hope it leads to solid contacts as we all move into a new phase.

Ed
Welcome Ed. Great to meet you and your wife in Miami! Looking forward to hearing more about your boat in the future!

All - we have a new blog. The old link above will be shut down. svfieldtrip.blogspot.com.

https://svfieldtrip.blogspot.com
Old 08-03-2011, 18:44   #11

Thank you, Mark, for creating this forum, and enabling prospective Antares owners the opportunity to follow your and other Antares owners' adventures. My wife and I have sailed the Chesapeake the past 11 years, keeping our Catalina (which we've owned since 1997) at Herrington Harbour North, approximately 15 miles south of Annapolis, on the Western shore. We plan to rap up our careers (my second one), and start our live aboard adventures by 2014 (or Antares hull number 4459, if they continuing producing nine each year!). Next week, we are bareboat chartering a Lagoon 420 in the BVI, my first attempt at a monohull! I have been impressed with all I've learned regarding the Antares, having devoured the LiveAntares website, and the blogs of several of its current owners. Thanks again for extending the opportunity to learn more from those using this forum. Safe sailing!
sloop6312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 16:05   #12

Boat: Antares 44i

Hi,
We are hull 4439. Ready in Dec.2011
Our sailing base is Tortola. Planning a 2012 Caribbean Tour with daughters Laia (11) and Mar (8).
We just came back from BA, outstanding work!
Best,
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloop6312 View Post
if they continuing producing nine each year!
I thought I would comment on this. At this point they have not produced 9 hulls in a year. To date only 5 (soon 6) have splashed in the last 18 months. Production capacity is ramping up for sure, but I would say 6 per year is more realistic than 9 per year...just to set expectations.

Welcome to the group!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Huguet-ONA View Post
Hi,
We are hull 4439. Ready in Dec.2011
Our sailing base is Tortola. Planning a 2012 Caribbean Tour with daughters Laia (11) and Mar (8).
We just came back from BA, outstanding work!
Best,
Sounds great! We will be in the Caribbean on our boat with our two kids that same time. Neil will also have his new boat there too, so it sounds like right now we will have at least 3 new Antares cruising the Caribbean during the same period. We should definitely stay in touch as that time approaches. Hard to believe it will be less than a year away.

We will probably be leaving Buenos Aires around the same time (Sept/Oct) as Neil.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:51   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsilvers View Post
I thought I would comment on this. At this point they have not produced 9 hulls in a year. To date only 5 (soon 6) have splashed in the last 18 months. Production capacity is ramping up for sure, but I would say 6 per year is more realistic than 9 per year...just to set expectations.

Welcome to the group!!
Thanks for the clarification. I was going by the proposed delivery schedule on their website, which I thought was a bit ambitious!

So, that means we either wait longer for Hull #4459, or keep to our plan for 2014 and a much lower hull number! Easy choice, and one which will be made even easier after our first multi-hull experience in the BVI next week! Thanks again!
sloop6312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Antares