Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Antares Yachts
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2017, 06:09   #61

Re: Antares 44 vs Helia 44 - help us decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath68 View Post
Hi JoJo, you may not have had much response to your question as the answer is everything!
Apart from the glossy wooden interior they are worlds apart on so many things. There is not much Antares compares to as it steadfastly refused to conform to more modern design considerations. 90% of modern 44 sized cats have galley up, 95% have saildrives (I prefer the alternatives), 90% have 1* ensuites per berth or Jack n Jill arrangements, but 90% don't match the quality of unit fit and finish (imo) and most similarly sized cats don't have the pricetag. That said most competitors have protected their helm more and brought lines back to a single (ish) point... I really like the Antares but wouldn't buy one in its current guise.
From what I've learned, the hull design of the Majestic is even older, based on a monohull design dating back more than 25 years. They are larger and offer more personal space than the Antares, but are priced similarly. Can't find any info on how well they sail since the majority are purchased by charter companies.

After seeing many youtube videos, it appears the FP build quality isn't all that great compared to several other brands, but it's priced more affordable.

Once again, thanks for your opinion on the subject.
jojolimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 12:09   #62

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo

Are you talking about the Majestic 500 or 530? Or earlier smaller models?
Did you get any closer to a decision?
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 04:35   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath68 View Post
Are you talking about the Majestic 500 or 530? Or earlier smaller models?
Did you get any closer to a decision?
Referring to the newer 530. Lots of interior space, well built, hull design gives it more buoyancy than other cats in its class, slightly less expensive than the Antares, similar philosophy. Not any closer to a decision.
jojolimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Antares