Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2016, 07:26   #1

Boat: CSY 44 Walkthrough
Xantrex Freedom SW 2012 - problem...

Just had to replace a bad circuit board on my inverter/charger to the tune of $600. This unit was manufactured Sept. 27, 2013, purchase date of January 22, 2014 and working fine until 2 weeks ago (just out of the 2 year warranty period by 8 months). I replaced an old Xantrex of the same capacity that had worked fine for almost 16 years which is why I went with their product again when it was time to replace and upgrade. No help from Xantrex! They don't make them (anything) like they used to. They also aren't helpful like so many companies are, so I've been told. Buyer beware! IMO, It is not unreasonable to expect either a greater life expectancy on a major component of their product or at least better customer service. I will say, the local service technician was very helpful and professional but couldn't do anything about the company policy or warranty.
Old 30-08-2016, 20:30   #2

Re: Xantrex Freedom SW 2012 - problem...

the old xantrax stuff was made in N.america and was good and a lot of it is still working.

a number of years ago they moved offshore and now it's all garbage. I don't install any of their stuff anymore. in fact our local parts distributor stoped selling them because they've had so many returns in the past couple years.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote